"The Mountain Village of Oakhurst" Top 5 Page for this destination Oakhurst by YosemiDee
Oakhurst Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 62 photos
About an hour away from Yosemite National Park, and 45 minutes from the city of Fresno, Oakhurst is a Sierra Foothill gem with a unique character. Once the base for Software Gaming companies like Sierra Online, you find a mecca of artists and eccentrics as well as your mountain folk and business entrepreneurs.
The natural landscape is one of rolling foothills that meet the granite feet of the Sierras. Hiking trails, mountain lakes and waterfalls abound in the lands surrounding the town. For the person who doesn't want the tourism and traffic of Yosemite Valley, the town of Oakhurst is a wonderful escape.
Photos and more to come!
- Pros:Small, community essence, great places to eat, great hiking nearby, Bass Lake
- Cons:Very little nightlife, Hillview Water, a "retirement town"
- In a nutshell:more than just the "Gateway to Yosemite"
A hot spot for Oakhurst. Has a full sushi bar and a teppan table. Excellent authentic japanese dishes. Terriaki bowl.... more travel advice
YosemiDee's Related Pages
Oakhurst Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OAKHURST, GATEWAY TO YOSEMITE"
- "Charming Oarkhurst"
- "mibrew's new Oakhurst Page"
- "The Mountain Village of Oakhurst"
- "5 Star Dining in Oakhurst"
- "Gateway to Yosemite"
- "Southern Gateway to Yosemite"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oakhurst
- Hotels in Oakhurst
- Transportation in Oakhurst
- Restaurants in Oakhurst
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oakhurst
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Oakhurst?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oakhurst
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oakhurst Intro, 3 reviews
No friends yet.