"THE MAGIC OF KASSIOPI" Top 5 Page for this destination Kassiopi by whitecliff62

Kassiopi Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 83 photos

I REMEMBER IT WELL

Kassiopi is a litle seaside harbour village in Corfu. This was once a village that depended on fishing but now depends on tourism and has grown in to one of the most popular resorts on corfu. There are 2 local beaches in Kassiopi the first is Roda which is a bit of a treck and the other is Kalamionas and is far nearer but these beaches can get quite packed in the height of the season so the best thing is to hire a boat and visit some of the beautifull deserted bays on this lovely island. At night the little village comes alive with most of the action centered around the lovely harbour. I will add that it was 13 years ago since i last visited this beautifull pace and it has probebly changed quite a bit in that time, but i still remember it as though it was yesterday.

• Pros:THE FANTASTIC COASTLINE IS THE BEST YOU WILL FIND ANYWHARE
  • Cons:CAN GET VERY BUSY IN THE HEIGHT OF THE SEASON
  • In a nutshell:SEEING IS BELIVING
  • Last visit to Kassiopi: Dec 1989
  • Intro Updated Jan 10, 2006

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2007 at 2:35 PM

I was there about 6-7 years ago. It was as nice as you describe. :-)

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2006 at 9:29 AM

I just love those secret beaches. I'm still in Michigan, where the beaches are full of goose poop! I'll be back in Greece, baring any airline strikes, on the 31st of August! Yes, it's hot there now, according to my Greek friends!

• kat-m's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2006 at 9:51 AM

thanks for your comment on my zante page, you have a sense of humour!

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2006 at 8:10 AM

Thank you for visiting my Crete page. I agree, Greece is a beautiful country. Your Kassiopi page is excellent! Next month I will be in Lefkas to visit a friend and am looking forward to it very much.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2006 at 7:57 AM

I absolutley agree with Lu Cliff, this place looks so wonderful and so peaceful. Nice page and thanks for being so kind!

• cheesecake17's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2006 at 8:15 PM

greece, great place...I will take the 20min walk to that beach..;)....U..

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2005 at 8:52 AM

I can see why this spot has stuck in your mind! Private beach, your beautiful accoms location with a fine restaurant and cold beers close at hand! Good idea about the dishes too, I've washed my last one!

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2005 at 11:12 PM

Sometimes the simple places are the nicest, and Kassiopi seems to be like Teixeira for me, a very pleasant surprise!;)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2005 at 10:12 PM

I have been several times to Kassiopi. Unfortunately, it is more and more touristy and I miss the way it was years ago ! Thank you for sharing !

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2005 at 12:59 PM

Cliff, what a charming place, and your pages are certainly testimony to how much you enjoyed it. Quaint, lovely apartment looked like an ideal location. Uncrowded beach was quite beautiful and so enticing. Great work.

whitecliff62

“LAUGH, AND THE WORLD LAUGH'S WITH YOU”

Badges & Stats in Kassiopi

Have you been to Kassiopi?

Latest Activity in Kassiopi