"THE GREEK ISLAND OF KOS" Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Island by whitecliff62

Kos Island Travel Guide: 226 reviews and 544 photos

FERRY TO KOS

Kos town is only a place we decided to visit on the spur of the moment, we was actually on holiday in Bodrum, which is in Turkey. Kos town is only 14 miles across the sea from Turkey and you can see the town all light up at night from Bodrum, so off we went to Kos the very next day, and boy im glad we did. As soon as we got off the hydrafoil in Kos town harbour i just knew we was in for a great day. It reminded me a little of Venice but without the canals, the town is dotted with narrow lanes and streets with beautifully painted houses and window boxes covered with red flowers, and they all seem to lead to a square with caffes and restaurants Mmmmmm great stuff. Im not going to harp on about the history of Kos because theres really no point, also theres so much history surrounding this island i would be here all night writing about it, anyway you can always get info of the web or out of a book if you have to. I just want to say, if you are lucky enough to visit this charming island your in for a real treat. I hope you like my modest pages
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<

• Pros:Beautiful place for a holiday.
  • Cons:i can't think of any, its that good.
  • In a nutshell:Kos is an island that anyone with a love for Greece should visit.
  • Last visit to Kos Island: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 14, 2006

• Sep 3, 2010 at 3:01 AM

the building was indeed once a mosque - the island has always had a large turkish population from the time that part of turkey was greece. even during the worst enmity there was a "secret" ferry to turkey

• May 13, 2007 at 7:06 AM

i wanted to bring home the cats!! we named them and fed them everyday!! unfortunately 1 died, which was heart breaking. if you want tohelp then provide food. broke my heart to leave them behind. am going back in aug so no doubt will fall for the new cats!

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2007 at 11:09 AM

What do we call a cat in Kos that goes, 'Bark, bark.' or 'woof, woof??' (A cat that has learned a foreign language!) As for sugarloaf hill...promises, promises! (I lost my thrill on Blueberry Hill)...Fats Domino!

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2006 at 1:35 AM

I'm sure Kos is well-worth exploring with so many interesting things to see and do. And I love the sea and ferries, could watch them for hours. Thanks for the lovely virtual tour with great pictures, Cliffy.

• kat-m's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2006 at 9:22 AM

last time we did not get around to the asklepion or the therma springs so will try to do in september

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2006 at 12:31 AM

I can see why you were happy to have decided to make this daytrip! Nice page, Cliff!

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2006 at 3:23 PM

Looks a really beautiful place, just so long as you stay away from the huge wasps!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2006 at 9:24 PM

Thank you for the virtual visit of Kos, a Greek islands I do not know! Another time, may be! Though, knowing that there is a Mc Do in Kos cools down my enthusiasm! The guy who patented these funny little city trains for visiting places must get big bucks!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2006 at 5:15 PM

Lucky you to have been able to enjoy the pleasures of Greece! That old hydrofoil looks like something the Russians built during the Cold War, but the harbour area at Kos is amazing!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2006 at 1:44 AM

Great page made with passion decorated with amazing pictures! My congratulation!

whitecliff62

“LAUGH, AND THE WORLD LAUGH'S WITH YOU”

Badges & Stats in Kos Island

Have you been to Kos Island?

Latest Activity in Kos Island