"MEDIEVAL DOVER" Top 5 Page for this destination Dover by whitecliff62
Dover Travel Guide: 347 reviews and 734 photos
This is Dover, an historic town in the south east of England, just 7 miles from my home town of Folkestone. Many people who visit Dover just use it as a port of call on there way to France and Europe so they miss all the interesting sites that Dover has to offer, believe me, its a lot more than just a port town. Dover's most famous landmark has to be the castle, it dominates the surrounding area and sits proudly above the white cliffs and the harbour below. There has been a castle in Dover since 1066 when William of Normandy first started building, but it was not untill medieval times and the rule of Henry 11 that the castle was built as you see it today. There are also other fantastic sites to visit in and around Dover, such as Samphire Hoe, a nature reserve created from the spoil of the Channel tunnel workings, also the secret wartime tunnels which was dug into the white cliffs of dover, there are loads more attractions to visit in Dover. All of these attractions and a lot more will hopefully be added to my Dover pages in the weeks to come, so please pop in for a look now and again
You can pick up loads of usefull information before you travel by phoning the Tourist Information Certre on the number below
TEL: (01304) 211067
- Pros:IT HAS TO BE THE CASTLE
- Cons:THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE WHO PASS THROUGH AND NEVER GET TO SEE DOVER
- In a nutshell:HISTORY IN ABUNDANCE
whitecliff62's Related Pages
Dover Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to England"
- "Gateway to England"
- "MEDIEVAL DOVER"
- "OUR FIRST TOWN IN ENGLAND WAS................."
- "More of a dirty greenish colour"
- "One day trip to Dover.."
- "Just passing through?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dover
- Hotels in Dover
- Transportation in Dover
- Nightlife in Dover
- Restaurants in Dover
- Shopping in Dover
- Warnings and Dangers in Dover
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dover
- 13 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Dover?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dover
Photos in DoverSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marmaris Intro, 153 reviews, 209 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alanya Intro, 127 reviews, 146 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bitez Intro, 101 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Folkestone Intro, 92 reviews, 97 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kusadasi Intro, 72 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ephesus Intro, 52 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 47 reviews, 46 photos
- Chessington Intro, 50 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalyan Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Island Intro, 38 reviews, 32 photos