"BODRUM 2004" Top 5 Page for this destination Bodrum by whitecliff62
Bodrum Travel Guide: 710 reviews and 1,642 photos
Bodrum is a large bustling resort that never sleeps. The first thing you see when you come into this city from the hills is the castle of St Peter, its a beautiful fortress that towers over the harbour area. There are lots to see and do in Bodrum, a great day out is to take a boat trip around the bays, or visit the Greek island of Kos, you could even do my wifes favourite hobby SHOPPING hehehehehe, bodrum has a huge variety of shops and a large bazzar with locals selling everything and anything you can think of, also don't forgett to visit EPHISUS, this really is a must see day out, there are loads of bus tours that go there everyday and you can get a day trip including lunch for next to nothing. Eating in Bodrum is a fantastic experience, there are hundreds of restaurants here so you won't go hungry. There is also an underwater museum in the castle of St Peter and although we never got the chance to visit, i've herd its well worth the effort to go there. Another good tip is to visit Bodrum in sep, or aug, this is the second time we have been here, the first being in july where it was baking hot, and very, very, busy. Sep is perfect, its a lot cooler and less crowded which makes it much more pleasent to walk around
I thought i would just give Gumbet a little mention because it is not on the v.t. map. This noisy tourist resort is located between Bodrum and Bitez, and in my honest opinion, i hated the place. The beach is packed in the summer and the sunbeds are so close together you have to slide off forwards to get up hehehehehehe.Gumbet Is more geared up for the younger generation, in my view
- Pros:FANTASTIC SHOPPING AND NIGHT LIFE
- Cons:VERY, VERY, BUSY
- In a nutshell:A TYPICAL TOURIST TOWN WITH LOADS TO SEE
This lake which was between Bodrum and Ephisus is hugh, i beleive its the 4th biggest lake in Turkey and is a... more travel advice
Bodrum is world famous for diving and it has some of the best diving schools around which cater for the experienced... more travel advice
whitecliff62's Related Pages
Bodrum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BODRUM, TURKEY"
- "GREASE IS THE WORD"
- "BODRUM 2004"
- "BEAUTIFUL BODRUM"
- "Bodrum Bodrum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bodrum
- Hotels in Bodrum
- Transportation in Bodrum
- Nightlife in Bodrum
- Restaurants in Bodrum
- Shopping in Bodrum
- Warnings and Dangers in Bodrum
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bodrum
- 32 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Bodrum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bodrum
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marmaris Intro, 153 reviews, 209 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alanya Intro, 127 reviews, 146 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bitez Intro, 101 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Folkestone Intro, 92 reviews, 97 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kusadasi Intro, 72 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ephesus Intro, 52 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 47 reviews, 46 photos
- Chessington Intro, 50 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalyan Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Island Intro, 38 reviews, 32 photos