"BODRUM 2004" Top 5 Page for this destination Bodrum by whitecliff62

Bodrum Travel Guide: 710 reviews and 1,642 photos

BUSTLING BODRUM

Bodrum is a large bustling resort that never sleeps. The first thing you see when you come into this city from the hills is the castle of St Peter, its a beautiful fortress that towers over the harbour area. There are lots to see and do in Bodrum, a great day out is to take a boat trip around the bays, or visit the Greek island of Kos, you could even do my wifes favourite hobby SHOPPING hehehehehe, bodrum has a huge variety of shops and a large bazzar with locals selling everything and anything you can think of, also don't forgett to visit EPHISUS, this really is a must see day out, there are loads of bus tours that go there everyday and you can get a day trip including lunch for next to nothing. Eating in Bodrum is a fantastic experience, there are hundreds of restaurants here so you won't go hungry. There is also an underwater museum in the castle of St Peter and although we never got the chance to visit, i've herd its well worth the effort to go there. Another good tip is to visit Bodrum in sep, or aug, this is the second time we have been here, the first being in july where it was baking hot, and very, very, busy. Sep is perfect, its a lot cooler and less crowded which makes it much more pleasent to walk around

GUMBET

I thought i would just give Gumbet a little mention because it is not on the v.t. map. This noisy tourist resort is located between Bodrum and Bitez, and in my honest opinion, i hated the place. The beach is packed in the summer and the sunbeds are so close together you have to slide off forwards to get up hehehehehehe.Gumbet Is more geared up for the younger generation, in my view

• Pros:FANTASTIC SHOPPING AND NIGHT LIFE
  • Cons:VERY, VERY, BUSY
  • In a nutshell:A TYPICAL TOURIST TOWN WITH LOADS TO SEE
  • Last visit to Bodrum: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 8, 2006

• Aug 13, 2008 at 9:39 AM

Hello, is Bar street the actual name? and do locals know it? if i were 2 jump into a taxi and say bar street would they take me their? thanks

• andreajones's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2006 at 9:00 AM

Hiya, We went to the seafood restaurant bit further down than your one but know the one you mean! Fantastic experience! also had the sea bream.Also remember the fantastic smells coming out of the bakery! Great pages - planning our trip for next year.

• DPando's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2006 at 9:58 AM

useful tips one more time mate

• rachel_sun's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2006 at 5:06 AM

Just bought a house about 30 mins from Bodrum airport. Akbuk. I love Turkey and the people, food,scenery, weather, culture. I hope to live there in the future. The lake is called Bafa Lake I believe. I went there July.

• Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2006 at 3:44 PM

Great pages on Bodrum.. this is a place on my list to go to :)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2006 at 6:10 PM

Cliff, as always, a real pleasure to read of your experiences in Turkey! With castles, beaches and boat trips, how can you go wrong!? Your little digs here and there always give me a chuckle!

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2006 at 7:46 AM

Fun reading about a neat place.

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2006 at 4:28 AM

Wonderful nice page Cliff, but for Dracula Castle you should come to Romania. The Halikarnas Disco sounds interesting...

• erendilight's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2005 at 10:25 AM

haha, i know about this frog... a funny one of course.. it is one of the piece of street artists...

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2005 at 12:08 PM

Cliff, I always know I will enjoy reading your enthusiastic, humorous pages. While in Turkey, I didn't visit Bodrum; after reading your pages, I wish I had.

whitecliff62

“LAUGH, AND THE WORLD LAUGH'S WITH YOU”

Badges & Stats in Bodrum