"THE NATURAL WONDER OF DALYAN" Top 5 Page for this destination Dalyan by whitecliff62
Dalyan Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 302 photos
This is the second time i have visited this remarkable place, and it seems to get more beautiful every time. On this occasion we went via a boat trip from Marmaris. This turned out to be a great day out, but rather a long one. The boat left Marmaris marina at 9.30am and sailed for about an hour around the bays, then it was a cooling swim stop in the clear blue sea. After a further 2 hours we arrived at Turtle beach and the mouth of the Dalyan river. Turtle beach and Dalyan river is protected area for the endangered loggerhead turtles. After lunch we transfered on to a small boat for the trip down the river. This river is also where the famous film AFRICAN QUEEN was made (you know ,the one with humphrey bogart),anyway the river whinds its way through reeds and bull rushes untill you come to the amazing sight of the lycium rock tombs, i have detailed this in my must see activaties. Then it was on to the mud bathes and hot mountain springs which you can also see in my must see activaties, this was a great laugh. Then it was back up the river to turtle beach and swimming on what has got to be the best beach in Turkey. At 5pm we transfered back on to the large boat and headed back to Marmaris at around 7.pm.So have a good read through my travels to Dalyan and i think you will agree that this is a very special place in this very big world.
Carpets are one of Turkeys biggest tourist exports, they can take months even years to make so some of them do not come... more travel advice
Now this is what i call the perfect beach, no one in sight, unspoiled, quiet, soft sand, and no nagging from the wife... more travel advice
whitecliff62's Related Pages
Dalyan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE NATURAL WONDER OF DALYAN"
- "Caunos ruins and the Lycian tombs"
- "Dalyan.. Caunos ..."
- "Dalyan Delta"
- "Dalyan (Turkey)"
- "My one day visit to DALYAN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dalyan
- Hotels in Dalyan
- Transportation in Dalyan
- Nightlife in Dalyan
- Restaurants in Dalyan
- Shopping in Dalyan
- Warnings and Dangers in Dalyan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dalyan
- 36 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Dalyan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dalyan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marmaris Intro, 153 reviews, 209 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alanya Intro, 127 reviews, 146 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bitez Intro, 101 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Folkestone Intro, 92 reviews, 97 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kusadasi Intro, 72 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ephesus Intro, 52 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 47 reviews, 46 photos
- Chessington Intro, 50 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalyan Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Island Intro, 38 reviews, 32 photos