"THE NATURAL WONDER OF DALYAN" Top 5 Page for this destination Dalyan by whitecliff62

Dalyan Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 302 photos

A DAY TO REMEMBER

This is the second time i have visited this remarkable place, and it seems to get more beautiful every time. On this occasion we went via a boat trip from Marmaris. This turned out to be a great day out, but rather a long one. The boat left Marmaris marina at 9.30am and sailed for about an hour around the bays, then it was a cooling swim stop in the clear blue sea. After a further 2 hours we arrived at Turtle beach and the mouth of the Dalyan river. Turtle beach and Dalyan river is protected area for the endangered loggerhead turtles. After lunch we transfered on to a small boat for the trip down the river. This river is also where the famous film AFRICAN QUEEN was made (you know ,the one with humphrey bogart),anyway the river whinds its way through reeds and bull rushes untill you come to the amazing sight of the lycium rock tombs, i have detailed this in my must see activaties. Then it was on to the mud bathes and hot mountain springs which you can also see in my must see activaties, this was a great laugh. Then it was back up the river to turtle beach and swimming on what has got to be the best beach in Turkey. At 5pm we transfered back on to the large boat and headed back to Marmaris at around 7.pm.So have a good read through my travels to Dalyan and i think you will agree that this is a very special place in this very big world.

• Last visit to Dalyan: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 7, 2006

• Pinat's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Now I remember how much I miss Dalyan. My God, it's been more then 10 years. I'm really motivated to go back this summer having gone thru your pages. Good job! Pinar

• Jul 4, 2008 at 7:02 AM

It is neither! This is the boat owned by Rahmi, the manager of the Hotel Aydos. It is designed as a Sultan's boat. he sometimes decorates it with velvet and flower petals when one of his guests has a birthday or anniversary.

• royalempress's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2008 at 9:10 AM

loved your pictures and comments on Dalyan. Dalyan is one of my favorite places! Mike

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2007 at 9:08 AM

Great, enjoyable page full of very accurate and useful tips and beautiful pictures. Haha, I didn't see any turtles in Dalyan :-(. Turkey is the best, isn't it?

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2006 at 12:19 PM

It's obvious that you love Turkey as much as I love Italy. Great tips and photos. Really enjoyed these, especially the mud baths.

whitecliff62

“LAUGH, AND THE WORLD LAUGH'S WITH YOU”

Badges & Stats in Dalyan