"THE WONDER OF EPHESUS" Top 5 Page for this destination Ephesus by whitecliff62
Ephesus Travel Guide: 531 reviews and 2,008 photos
After years of traveling to parts of Turkey, i finally got the chance to visit Ephesus, and i must say it was worth the wait. Ephesus is not what i really expected at all, i thought it would be like any other old site with piles of old rubble everywhere and everything looking the same. But i was so wrong, its so well preserved and intact, that when you walk down one of the beautiful Roman roads, you can almost imagine what it was like to have lived there all those centuries ago. Archeologists have been excavating Ephesus since 1863 (The first was John Turtle) and they have only just scratched the surface, in fact only 20% of Ephesus has ever been excavated. This is a huge site, so be prepared to do some very hard walking, we had a guided tour and without seeing a lot of what Ephesus had to offer but it still took 4 hours to get round it, and with the hot Turkish sun on your back it got very tiring towards the end. So having eventually seen Ephesus, i would surly reccommend any visitor to Turkey to not miss out on such a beautiful place as this. I hope you enjoy my pages
This is the upper agora leading down to the library of celsus, and the fantastic view of the landscape to the sea in the distance
- Pros:Its so well preserved, its like going back in time
- Cons:It gets extremely hot in Ephesus, and theres nowhere to shade from the sun
- In a nutshell:Worth every penny
Ephesus has a no smoking policy on the site, the ground is so dry in the summer, any disgarded fagg end could set the... more travel advice
This is a photo of the grand theatre and Sammy the guide. If you ever see this Sammy, thank you for a fantastic tour,... more travel advice
whitecliff62's Related Pages
Ephesus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE WONDER OF EPHESUS"
- "Ephesus - Ancient city"
- "The Inspiring Roman Ruins of Ephesus"
- "Ephesus the open air Museum"
- "Ephesus (Efes) and Nearby Selcuk"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ephesus
- Hotels in Ephesus
- Transportation in Ephesus
- Nightlife in Ephesus
- Restaurants in Ephesus
- Shopping in Ephesus
- Warnings and Dangers in Ephesus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ephesus
- 52 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Ephesus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ephesus
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marmaris Intro, 153 reviews, 209 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alanya Intro, 127 reviews, 146 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bitez Intro, 101 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Folkestone Intro, 92 reviews, 97 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kusadasi Intro, 72 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ephesus Intro, 52 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 47 reviews, 46 photos
- Chessington Intro, 50 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalyan Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Island Intro, 38 reviews, 32 photos