"THE WONDER OF PAMUKKALE" Top 5 Page for this destination Pamukkale by whitecliff62
Pamukkale Travel Guide: 271 reviews and 962 photos
I remember the first time i visited Pamukkale, it was sunset and this made the place almost glow in the dark, this was an amazing sight to see. The locals call it the cotten castle and has been created natually from calcium rich mineral water which has spilled over the cliff edges and then cooled to create the fantastic sight that you can see today. But with this great tourist attraction comes a very big problem which i notest the second time i visited. The hotels which were built to accompany the visitors wher built far to close to the rock pools and were taking all the water that feeds the pools and therfore they wher starting to dry out and also turning them a horrible grey colour. But i do hear that the situation is slowly improving. The hotels that were destroying Pumakkale have now been demolished or left empty. But it will take years to bring Pumakkale to its former glory and paddling in the rock pools of Pumakkale like my 2 daughters are doing in the photo will not be possible for a few years to come.I WILL RETURN IN 2004
- Pros:A NATURAL WONDER OF THE WORLD
- Cons:YOU CAN NO LONGER BATHE IN THE POOLS
- In a nutshell:BREATHTAKING
And one more picture of this wonderfull place. more travel advice
Another photo of this beautifull place more travel advice
whitecliff62's Related Pages
Pamukkale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pamukkale and Hierapolis"
- "Pamukkale (Hierapolis) - The Cotton Castle"
- "THE WONDER OF PAMUKKALE"
- "HEIRAPOLIS – ANCIENT HEALTH SPA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pamukkale
- Hotels in Pamukkale
- Transportation in Pamukkale
- Nightlife in Pamukkale
- Restaurants in Pamukkale
- Shopping in Pamukkale
- Warnings and Dangers in Pamukkale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pamukkale
- 15 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Pamukkale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pamukkale
Photos in PamukkaleSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marmaris Intro, 153 reviews, 209 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alanya Intro, 127 reviews, 146 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bitez Intro, 101 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Folkestone Intro, 92 reviews, 97 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kusadasi Intro, 72 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ephesus Intro, 52 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 47 reviews, 46 photos
- Chessington Intro, 50 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalyan Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Island Intro, 38 reviews, 32 photos