"Riyadh, 5 Million of Inhabitants from All Over" Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh by anees
Riyadh Travel Guide: 525 reviews and 1,048 photos
Its the capital and largest city in Saudi Arabia with population at about 5 million.
The city has a rapidly growing center where you will find new high raise buildings, international restuarants, hotels, shopping centers, foreign companies offices and many more.
The city has one commercial airport, King Khalid Airport, one of the largest in the world in term of area. its located about half an hour north east the city. You can take taxi to the city by no more than SAR 60 ($16)
I've studied and worked in this city for long period of time (between 1995 and 2007).
Over the past decade, the city has prove to be the most important urban area in the country, it has been growing by 8% in some years, and its getting more open to foreign cultures and lifestyles.
Riyadh doesn't has nightlife by the western definition, but it for sure stay a live till early hours of the morning with restaurants, and coffee shops remain open after mid night and in some cases till 3 am.
I won't have problem to find new place every week to dine or just to set with yoru friends or family to drink some coffee, tea, or enjoy fresh juice and eat icecreams.
With more than 1500 restaurants, representing all international cuisines, you may have hard time to select your choice.
For local food, I would recommend Al Qarya Al Nadiya Restaurant by Al Takhasosi street. Al Madhgoot, Ghozi, and Al Katem by Kig Abdullah Road
For Japanese Food, I would suggest Tokyo Restaurant by Al Oraoba St. or Furusato Restaurant by Al Tahlya St.
For Steak I would recommend Steak House in Althaltheen St. or Dining place in Al Sulaymania near Al Jazeera Hypermarket.
For Indian food, I would tell you that Kober Shandani by Al Thahlya St, Makani in Prince Mamdoh St.
For Iranian Food I would suggest Sheraz by Abdullah Al Hamdan St near Al Tahlya.
For Italian food I would suggest Pizza Amore on Al Tahlya, Italian Village on the same street.
For Quality Burger I would recommend Creb Away, and Fudruckers on Al Takahsosi St.
For Shawarma go to Mama Noura by Al Dhabab St.
For your hot drinks, You may set in any of Starbucks branchs in the mid town, Dr Cafe is a good choice, Cafe De Poete by Andullah Al Hamdan, Sun Cafe by Al Thaltheen St. Cofe Day on Al Tahlya St.
And sure don't forget Hous of Donuts, Dunkin' Donuts, and Costa Cafe.
You can find more about these options in my Riyadh tips
Shoppers can easily discover how Riyadh is real heaven for buyers as no VAT nor any type of tax on sale which reduce cost for sure. Well that if you only want to buy, not looking at people walking here and there
Herewith some quick list of shopping places for you, and sure can look at my tips to find more on location, telephone numbers, and maybe some photos.
For Women Cloths, I would suggest you to go to main shopping centers such as Al Faisaliah Center and Kingdom Centers, Al Aqaria, Al Mosa, Centria centers and all of them located by Al Olaya Street. (As so many shopping centers do not allow single young guys to come along to come in so you hardly find shops sell men cloths especially sport stuff in these big centers).
For Men Cloths, I better avoid shopping centers and go to Al Tahlya St. and other shops located out by the street such as Zara (Zara can be found in big centers but they only sell women stuff, so men cloths and shoes are only in Zara branchs outside the shopping centers), Armani, Massimo Dutti by Al Olya St.
For Kids and Mother I suggest shops by Al Thaltheen St. and Animer Center in Al Olaya St. (these can be found in big shopping centers such Safari by King Abdullah Road)
For furniture you can go to IKEA by Eastern Ring road on Exit No. 16 or go to Al Omar by Al Olaya St, City Plaza by King Abdullah St. or Al Awais Market by King Fahad Road.
For Books, you can go Any of Jarir Bookstore showroom, my favorate would be the one in Al Olaya St or Alahsa St. Other book store such as Al Okbeikan by King Fahad Road, or Al Shaqri Book Store are good too.
For Home appliances I suggest Saco on Salah Al Deen St. and Saco world by Northern Ring Road.
For Electronics, the best are Extra on Salah Al Deen Road and Electro on King Abdullah Road.
For PCs go to Jarir Book Stores and Compu Me by Al Tahlya St or PC market in Al Olaya Road.
For Cars, Def go to Car Market East Riyadh by Exit 25, Khorais Road.
For DVDs go to Blue diamond by Al Oroba St.
For Music Album and DVD go to Music Master by Al Dhabab St.
Look at my tips, and hey, don't forget to give them ranks
- Pros:Safe, Cheap, lively, Restaurants, Cafes, Nice Down Town
- Cons:No Cinema Theatres, Female-Male segregation, Hot Summer,
This Lebanese chain, has been serving its costumers since 1978. Now it operates 4 branches in Riyadh. The nicely... more travel advice
or Uncle Hamza is best seafood restaurant in Riyadh with their serveral branches. I recommend for you to go to the one... more travel advice
- See All Riyadh-Dammam by Train
- See All Buy Electornics Where so Many Choices
- Football fans would enjoy some nice...
- See All Mobile Phones, Internet
- See All Some News May Ease Foreigners Fear in...
- See All Visit The World Largest Integrated Dairy...
- See All Shopping Mall instruction! Welcome to...
- Receptions by Foreign Embassies Chance...
- See All Sheraton, a bit old building but nice...
Been to Riyadh?Share your travels with the world!
anees' Related Pages
Riyadh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Riyadh..My New HOME"
- "Welcome to the MidWest - erm... Middle East"
- "Riyadh, 5 Million of Inhabitants from All Over"
- "home sweet home"
- "ý19 an hour,I'll go"
- "Believe it or not but it's my passion"
- "Working and Living in Riyadh"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Riyadh
- Hotels in Riyadh
- Transportation in Riyadh
- Nightlife in Riyadh
- Restaurants in Riyadh
- Shopping in Riyadh
- Warnings and Dangers in Riyadh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Riyadh
- 37 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Riyadh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Riyadh
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lebanese Qaulity Sandwiches Since 1978"
- Wrote a Review Lebanese Qaulity Sandwiches Since 1978 in Riyadh Restaurants
- updated a Riyadh Travel Page "Riyadh, 5 Million of Inhabitants from All Over"
- Posted in Travel Hong Kong Forum "Re: Good hotel in Hong Kong"
- Commented on one of canadamom's Riyadh travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ad Dammam Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Al Qatif Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Italy Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Japan Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Dubai Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 3 photos