Bangkok Shopping Tips by Blatherwick
Bangkok Shopping: 852 reviews and 1,039 photos
If you haven't seen one of the huge Asian shopping malls then you should go here. MBK Center, an enormous 8-storey marble mall that opened in 1985, is one of the biggest shopping malls in Asia . The center provides over 2,000 stores and services, over 150 eating establishments and a large cinema city. Shopping here, you'll find a variety of negotiable products including clothes, cosmetics, leathered items, jewelry, electronics, information technology products, furniture, restaurants, supermarket, theaters, karaoke and 4-storey department store (Tokyu). Go up to the floor with the cel phones and check it out. I don't think I've seen so many phones in one place before.
Address: 444 Phayathai Road
Directions: Take Skytrain to Station W1(National Stadium) on the Silom Line.
Chatuchak Weekend Market
This is the the largest outdoor market in the world, with close to 9000 stalls. So if you're going to buy anything make sure that you give this place a look over. You can get anything for a bargain if you know how to haggle right. Just a warning, there are tons of people and it can be a little chaotic at times. Bring a map and a water bottle as it gets hot. It's open Saturday and Sunday from 7am - 6pm.
What to buy: Anything!
Address: Payolhothin Road
Directions: Mo Chit Skytrain station
More Reviews (37)
- See All Don Muang International Airport
- See All Mahakan Fort
- See All Wat Rakhang Khositaram
- See All Tavee Guesthouse
Blatherwick's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 39 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Top 10 Pages
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 56 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 46 photos
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos
- Quebec Intro, 28 reviews, 46 photos
- Hue Intro, 34 reviews, 39 photos
- Montreal Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos
- Victoria Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos
- Petra Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Seoul Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Grand Palace- 312 Reviews, 614 Photos
- Temple of the Dawn - Wat Arun- 165 Reviews, 320 Photos
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market -Daytrip- 112 Reviews, 231 Photos
- Wat Pho- 234 Reviews, 502 Photos
- Chatuchak Weekend Market- 108 Reviews, 162 Photos
- Daytrip - Ayuthaya- 62 Reviews, 131 Photos
- Baiyoke Tower- 30 Reviews, 88 Photos
- Temple of the Golden Buddha - Wat Traimit- 63 Reviews, 126 Photos
- Patpong Night Market- 33 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Chao Phraya River- 51 Reviews, 115 Photos
See All Bangkok Things to Do