"Snowy Hokkaido" Top 5 Page for this destination Hokkaido by naruto
Hokkaido Travel Guide: 645 reviews and 1,852 photos
We went to Hokkaido in the best of winter, and everywhere was white and beautiful.
Backpacking from the southeast of Kushiro City, we made our way through Akan-ko, Sounkyo, Asahikawa, Noboribetsu Onsen and then finally Sapporo, in time for the Yuki Matsuri (Snow Festival).
Hokkaido is a big island separated from the mainland by the Tsugaru Kaikyo Straits and life's pace is slower there than most major cities. It seems like such an unlikely place for anyone visiting Japan to consider, even my friends living in Japan had never been to Hokkaido ever.
Yet, it is a great place for anyone who love nature, outdoor sports and beautiful vast landscapes. A great place to get away from it all.
- In a nutshell:Hokkaido is one of Japan's "Off the Beaten Track"
A world of color and illumination The Ice Waterfall Festival is a yearly event during the winter months of November til... more travel advice
Hokkaido is famed for its wooden carvings, expertly hand-made. You will find alot of carvings of its wildlife like the... more travel advice
naruto's Related Pages
Hokkaido Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Land of Flowers"
- "Snowy Hokkaido"
- "Hokkaido - Land of beauty and purity"
- "Spring Lingers in Hokkaido ..."
- "The Beautiful Northern Land"
- "Winter - Hokkaido"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hokkaido
- Hotels in Hokkaido
- Transportation in Hokkaido
- Nightlife in Hokkaido
- Restaurants in Hokkaido
- Shopping in Hokkaido
- Warnings and Dangers in Hokkaido
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hokkaido
- 19 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Hokkaido?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hokkaido
Top 10 Pages
- Jordan Intro, 56 reviews, 61 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 25 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 16 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hokkaido Intro, 19 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 25 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nikko Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Scotland Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kutna Hora Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues