"Tiny Hamlet of Hallstatt" Hallstatt by naruto

Hallstatt Travel Guide: 224 reviews and 723 photos

This is one of the last impressions of Hallstatt I had as the boat pulled away from this little town. Beautiful, isn't it?

Hallstatt is not just a beauty little retreat, it is also of much historical and cultural importance, being a major Celtic archeological landmark and UNESCO World Heritage site.

My visit to Hallstatt was in the off-off-off peak tourist season, being that winter has just ended, but spring hasn't seem to arrive yet. There was almost no other tourist around, and I was the only one who got off the train at the Hallstatt station. Being off season, the mines were not open and the ice caves were off-limits, but I had alot of fun just walking around the little town and exploring by myself. I love the fact that it was relatively remote and almost traffic-free.

So, my Hallstatt page isn't going to be so much about tips on what to do and what to see. But I have put up a few pictures here that doesn't quite describe the true beauty of Hallstatt well. Please check out my Travelogue pages to see them. :)

• Pros:Quaint, Pretty, Remote, Traffic-free....Almost Paradise...
  • In a nutshell:You may want to retire here some day.
  • Last visit to Hallstatt: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 31, 2004

Comments

naruto

“If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home.”

Badges & Stats in Hallstatt

Have you been to Hallstatt?

Latest Activity in Hallstatt