"Naruto's Travel Journal" naruto's Profile
I love travelling. I travel at least once a year, and love almost everything about travelling - seeing the sights, experiencing a different culture, different language, different ways of doing things you do at home..... Anything I don't like about travelling? Being taken advantage of because you are not a local. :/
I love to visit and experience off-the-beaten-track places. Romania, Peru and Armenia are high on my list of places to go to next.
Travelling with friends can be fun but stressful. I had some good experiences and some horrid experiences, but most of it good. I believe in keeping an open mind and lotsa flexibility. Be game for anything and everything!
I have also since discovered the joys of travelling solo. My trek through Poland and parts of Austria in the Spring of last year, and my recent trek through Jordan in late May, had been cool, eye-opening, learning, FANTASTIC experiences. Travelling is a time of doing things at my own pace, savouring every bit of experience I come across, and taking it nice and easy. I love the freedom to do what I please, go where I please and when I please. Of course, street smarts, perserverance and a natural sense of curiosity and gameness helps alot.
Below are a few of the favorite places I have visited. Please visit their own travel pages for more details.
I visited Poland this past Spring, and Krakow has quickly become one of my favorite European cities. It is busy, yet not overly crowded and industrial like Warsaw. It retains much of its charm and traditions and that is what I love about it. The fact that I meant some really nice Poles here is also a factor! :)
My Krakow Page
Austria was a land of beautiful scenery and landscape, and one of its gems is Salzburg. While it is touristy, you can't help but be charmed by its beautiful churches, impressive fortress, lovely Alstadt and its cobble streets, grand palaces, and very very good weather. It was a nice size city, a great place to just walk and enjoy the sights and the crowds.
My Salzburg Page
I am addicted to the country! I visit every year at least once, and have tried to explore parts of it outside of Tokyo. Hokkaido was a favorite, and so is Kyoto. But my ultimately kewlest experience was wintertime in a rotenburo at Nyuto Onsen in the middle of nowhere.
My Japan Page
My Hokkaido Page
My Kyoto Page
My Nara Page
My Nikko Page
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 269 Reviews
- 562 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Posted in Travel Republic of Montenegro Forum "Re: Too ambitious? Lake Skadar..."
updated their Profile Page "Naruto's Travel Journal"
- Wrote a Review ATMs in Armenia Favorites
- created a Georgia Travel Page "Georgia"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Georgia"
- naruto and ssebugz are now friends.
- Commented on yukisanto's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- Jordan Intro, 56 reviews, 61 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 25 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 16 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hokkaido Intro, 19 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 25 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nikko Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Scotland Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kutna Hora Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues