"Naruto's Travel Journal" naruto's Profile

I love travelling. I travel at least once a year, and love almost everything about travelling - seeing the sights, experiencing a different culture, different language, different ways of doing things you do at home..... Anything I don't like about travelling? Being taken advantage of because you are not a local. :/

I love to visit and experience off-the-beaten-track places. Romania, Peru and Armenia are high on my list of places to go to next.

Travelling with friends can be fun but stressful. I had some good experiences and some horrid experiences, but most of it good. I believe in keeping an open mind and lotsa flexibility. Be game for anything and everything!

I have also since discovered the joys of travelling solo. My trek through Poland and parts of Austria in the Spring of last year, and my recent trek through Jordan in late May, had been cool, eye-opening, learning, FANTASTIC experiences. Travelling is a time of doing things at my own pace, savouring every bit of experience I come across, and taking it nice and easy. I love the freedom to do what I please, go where I please and when I please. Of course, street smarts, perserverance and a natural sense of curiosity and gameness helps alot.

Below are a few of the favorite places I have visited. Please visit their own travel pages for more details.

KRAKOW, POLAND - 2004

I visited Poland this past Spring, and Krakow has quickly become one of my favorite European cities. It is busy, yet not overly crowded and industrial like Warsaw. It retains much of its charm and traditions and that is what I love about it. The fact that I meant some really nice Poles here is also a factor! :)

My Krakow Page

SALZBURG - 2004

Austria was a land of beautiful scenery and landscape, and one of its gems is Salzburg. While it is touristy, you can't help but be charmed by its beautiful churches, impressive fortress, lovely Alstadt and its cobble streets, grand palaces, and very very good weather. It was a nice size city, a great place to just walk and enjoy the sights and the crowds.

My Salzburg Page

JAPAN - Every year, almost

I am addicted to the country! I visit every year at least once, and have tried to explore parts of it outside of Tokyo. Hokkaido was a favorite, and so is Kyoto. But my ultimately kewlest experience was wintertime in a rotenburo at Nyuto Onsen in the middle of nowhere.

My Japan Page

My Hokkaido Page

My Kyoto Page

My Nara Page

My Nikko Page

Hmmmm.....Where to Go Next??

2006

Uzbekistan (early May)

• Intro Updated Dec 2, 2013

• kopwint's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2009 at 8:30 PM

happy and free in your time...., and get much happiness and harmony...., success and smart...., strong and stable in your great day.. wish you from Burma. Happy birthday//

• Lensky's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Hi Naruto... Im kinda new to VT and I trying to do this thing of meeting the featured member every time that I log in to VT and today that is you... Hi! wow! great HP!

• Eurasian68's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2008 at 1:46 PM

GREAT quote! So true:-) Greetings from Germany!

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Happy birthday Naruto and many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon which is waiting for your visit next year for the Euromeeting

• black_mimi99's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2008 at 12:25 PM

Happy B-day Naruto... wish u all the best and you have a nice HP... ^_^

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2008 at 12:41 AM

Happy birthday - I really enjoyed your homepage and its lovely photos

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2008 at 10:45 PM

Happy birthday, Naruto! Greetings from Italy (actually, from Slovenia at this moment), Michele

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2008 at 12:10 AM

Otanjobi omedeto gozaimashita. Cheers from Beijing, SL :)

• WorldMeet2008's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2008 at 8:58 AM

Your next trip? Make it really unique! It's not too late to attend WM08 - Jerusalem, Tel Aviv & Dead- Sea on 25- 28th Sept (+Petra 29-30th). We want to double the num of attendees to 100! Click to learn where, when, what, how, how much! Avi [FruitLover].

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Congratulations on being the FEATURED MEMBER and on your lovely pages!Will visit gain.Rgds...from Sydney

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
naruto's Profile Photo

naruto

“If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home.”

Location