"I think, therefore I travel ...." new_hope30's Profile

I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.
- Robert Frost

Thanks to everyone for stopping by. VT has provided me with the opportunity to meet many wonderful new friends around the world and I hope that you are lucky enough to have the same experience.

I am an avid traveler and have so much that I still would love to see. I take great delight in meeting new people and experiencing new cultures. The more I see, the greater my desire to be educated and have my horizons broadened.

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
--Augustine (354-430)

Just a little tidbit about me ... I made a promise to myself when I turned 30 that I would do something each year on my birthday from that point forward that would push the envelope for me ... make me feel alive. On my 31st birthday, I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane at 14,000 feet (see my funny face in the pic). On my 32nd, I was on a solo backpacking tour of Europe (spent my birthday in Edinburgh). My 33rd saw my commitment to totally change my life-style and career. I'm getting up there so the list goes on and on. Any suggestions you have though to make me feel more alive each year are welcome!!!

P.S. Yes, that's me in the pictures ... both blonde and brunette. Trying to determine who really does have the most fun. I'll let you know when I decide! (Although I have to say, I'm starting to believe that the saying is true!)

One last thing ....

To know me is to know that I have a tremendous soft spot in my heart for dogs. They truly are one of God's most perfect creations. Not only do they give us unconditional love, they also teach us many things about life. One of the best things I've learned from my furry friends is to laugh. It is the secret to a happy life. And they've given me many reasons to. Here are just a few shots of my new puppy, Duke. I will change them periodically in hopes that they will bring smiles to you too.

• Intro Updated Jun 22, 2010

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
new_hope30's Profile Photo

new_hope30

“I think, therfore I travel ...”

Real Name