"I think, therefore I travel ...." new_hope30's Profile
I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.
- Robert Frost
Thanks to everyone for stopping by. VT has provided me with the opportunity to meet many wonderful new friends around the world and I hope that you are lucky enough to have the same experience.
I am an avid traveler and have so much that I still would love to see. I take great delight in meeting new people and experiencing new cultures. The more I see, the greater my desire to be educated and have my horizons broadened.
The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
Just a little tidbit about me ... I made a promise to myself when I turned 30 that I would do something each year on my birthday from that point forward that would push the envelope for me ... make me feel alive. On my 31st birthday, I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane at 14,000 feet (see my funny face in the pic). On my 32nd, I was on a solo backpacking tour of Europe (spent my birthday in Edinburgh). My 33rd saw my commitment to totally change my life-style and career. I'm getting up there so the list goes on and on. Any suggestions you have though to make me feel more alive each year are welcome!!!
P.S. Yes, that's me in the pictures ... both blonde and brunette. Trying to determine who really does have the most fun. I'll let you know when I decide! (Although I have to say, I'm starting to believe that the saying is true!)
To know me is to know that I have a tremendous soft spot in my heart for dogs. They truly are one of God's most perfect creations. Not only do they give us unconditional love, they also teach us many things about life. One of the best things I've learned from my furry friends is to laugh. It is the secret to a happy life. And they've given me many reasons to. Here are just a few shots of my new puppy, Duke. I will change them periodically in hopes that they will bring smiles to you too.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 11 Reviews
- 176 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- new_hope30 and carchinoo are now friends.
- Commented on johngayton's profile page
- Posted in Travel Europe Forum "Re: Two weeks to explore ..."
updated their Personal Page "Thanksgiving - Dallas"
- Uploaded a Photo to "I think, therefore I travel ...."
- updated a Maui Travelogue "A few more fun photos ...."
- Wrote a Review Mirabellgarten about Mirabell Garden & Castle in Salzburg Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Salzburg Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Maui Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isle of Skye Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krommenie Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dallas Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bribie Island Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Brugge Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Brussels Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos