"SINGAPORE 2005" Singapore by Nixter01
Singapore Travel Guide: 11,464 reviews and 26,731 photos
After a long haul flight, and I mean LONG HAUL ! we finally landed in Singapore, we had flown from Birmingham to Zurich, Zurich to Bangkok then onto Changi, Singapore. We were met by Gina who we were staying with and hopped into one of the many waiting taxis outside, The first thing that hits you is the heat, esp if you're not used to it, we arrived at her house, dumped our cases, freshend up and went out for a bite to eat and a beer.
Our first port of call was HARRY'S BAR just off ORCHARD ROAD its the main place to go and sit and watch all the lady boys arriving for work, its an amazing sight and its hard to believe that the majority of them have been or are boys, they look very attractive, their make-up is IMMACULATE and their clothes, well lets say, does'nt leave much to the imagination !
After sitting with my mouth half open as if I were catching flies, we decieded to go grab something to eat and ended up just around the corner in one of the many hawker stalls. These have little food courts that have take-away food from, Thai, Indian, Italian, Chinese and more, my main dish was Baby Cayli ( can't remember how to spell it ! ) in oyster sauce, not oyster sauce as you think, along with chicken&noodles and Gina went off and bought me one of the biggest coconut drinks I've ever seen ! It was the green skin of the coconut with a hole cut in the top and a straw to drink through, you drink the milk/juice then scoop out the coconut which is GORGEOUS ! Highly Recommended ( picture further on )
I'm not going to say too much on this part of my page otherwise there will be nothing to say or show further in, well actually there's plenty to show !
So I will go on and place my most memorable photos in for you to view and hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I had the pleasure in taking them.
Firstly I'd like to show you where we were staying.
This is our friends house, its a 3 storey house, open plan inside with 6 bedrooms all ensuite ( except 2, and even they had their own bathroom just outside ) a pool out the back, and seating area, beautiful garden, large driveway, and another seating area at the front of the house, the house also had electronic gates ( which on two occasions we got locked out and ended up having to climb over the wall ! )
As you can see, our accomodation for the 2wks was definately 1st class, with the marble floors, the winding wooden staircases, antique furniture, I felt very priveledged, and grateful to be staying in such a beautiful home and not even having to pay for it. THANKS GUYS ! xx
See MORE of the house, inside and out on my travellogues
We came here on our first weekend, and were lucky as we didn't have to pay as Steve&Gina have a all year round pass that lets them go anytime etc and they pay just $2 to get in and park up and lounge around on the beach all day, my idea of heaven !
There are 3 beaches to choose from but we came to this as it was less crowded and more like a lagoon, lovely. Only fault I did pick up and that was the debris that was floating ever now and then from the storms, but apart from that, it was a clean, family beach. There was always someone checking for litter which is good.
- Pros:Cheap, Clean, Crimefree, Polite Locals and SO Much To Do With So Little Time !
- Cons:Be Prepared To Be Collered By The Tailors ! They're Everywhere and Don't Take No Easy~ Ahhh !
- In a nutshell:Heaven..Pure Heaven..TAKE ME BACK !
The views. All of Singapore's view's were amazing and stunning whether it be by night or day. Its too hard to say which... more travel advice
n/a Feeling peckish ? Then try this guy out. Found in the side streets of Chinatown, selling hot roasted chestnuts !... more travel advice
Nixter01's Related Pages
Singapore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Singapore, My Lil' Haven"
- "1 Main Island and 63 Islets - 699 Sq Km"
- "IMPREXXION: SINGAPORE"
- "Singapore - My Homeland"
- "Keeweechic's Singapore"
- "City of surprises"
- "Singapore - The Garden City!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singapore
- Hotels in Singapore
- Transportation in Singapore
- Nightlife in Singapore
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Shopping in Singapore
- Warnings and Dangers in Singapore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singapore
- 25 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singapore
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 62 reviews, 64 photos
- Singapore Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Fuerteventura Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kerkyra Intro, 35 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Borovec Intro, 25 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Loughborough Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos