"BULGARIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Borovec by Nixter01

Borovec Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 163 photos

Well here I am safe and well with NO broken bones from my ski-ing holiday to Borovets. The only injury I really had was badly fitting boots on my 1st day which did my legs in for the whole week, I had blisters on the inside and outside of my calves were the boots clipped, somewhere along the way I hurt my ankle which came up like a balloon and I had to rest up for a day, but I kept going like the true trooper I am.
We stayed at The Olymp Hotel, details of which can be found on Hotel section.
I would definately go again and would definately go back to Bulgaria, the people are very warm and friendly, everything is so cheap and the views are amazing. I hope you enjoy looking at my pictures and reading my tips as much as I enjoyed doing them.

Snow Plough

Here's one of the snow plough's that came out before ski-ing in the morning and after at night, most times after 4pm, they amazed me how they did'nt wobble over right at the top of the Black Run's...All I can say is rather them than me !

Ski's, Snowboards & More !

Here's me right up on the mountain with the wind blowing cold round my face but there was advantages to this, 1) I was having a great time 2) It kept me warm and 3) I got a tan on my face ! hee hee

• Pros:Excellent Ski-ing Facilities, and Pistes For All
  • Cons:Beggars and Not Enough Time
  • In a nutshell:Fantastic and Upcoming Ski Resort For All The Family
  • Last visit to Borovec: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 19, 2005

• Travelchili's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2006 at 11:28 PM

Looks like you had tons of fun with skiing and great night life! A good place to know as a possible skiing destination in the future. Cheers and happy travels!

• grishaV1's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2005 at 3:28 AM

terrific skiing and mountain pics, must have been a great trip!

• desert_princess's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2005 at 4:54 AM

The seven rila lakes are way too far from Borovets so you can see them. There are some good things about your page and some others that are, well .... the police car comment for example . Do you think they will let you walk if you had 2 do with them? LOL

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2005 at 1:53 PM

What a great ski trip you had!! Looks marvelous. Love the idea of the traditional meal with lots of dancing and drinks and country dishware. I might make it on a ski doo, but not to the top of those ski slopes! Yikes!

Nixter01

“Don't Regret Something You Have Done, Regret Something You Have'nt”

Badges & Stats in Borovec

Have you been to Borovec?

Latest Activity in Borovec