"Great Yarmouth" Great Yarmouth by Nixter01

Great Yarmouth Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 91 photos

This was our family holiday which consisted of my mum, step-dad, step-sister and her boy Joshua, who's 4yrs old. The holiday really was for his benefit, so he could play in the sand, paddle in the sea and enjoy the sights and sounds, not only did he enjoy it but so did we ! We spent more time in the sea than him, even though it was cold, I did my usual holiday hobby, collecting pebbles an unusual stones, ( I'm sure my floor will fall through 1 day ! )
We stayed at a Haven Holiday Camp in Caister-On-Sea 5 miles from Yarmouth itself, the caravan was lovely and the entertainment for kids was excellent, although I think its was more for the 10+yrs but there was Rory's Club, which is a tiger, Joshua was'nt really into that and just wanted to go in ball pools and play on amusements...Well as long as he was quiet who were we to complain !

The picture above is of the old pier, apparently my mum used to come dancing here ! There was no signs of that going on when we went in, half was closed off due to saftey reasons, it looked really eerie and ghostly, the remaining front part has been re-vamped and turned into a cool bar, with food area and a kiddies play area at the bottom, its like an oasis style, very relaxing and good for keeping the little ones quiet.

This is where I went for my Birthday, a great day out for coules and families. It was originally lived in yrs ago, but has now been turned into a wildlife park, and is def worth a visit.

This is Noo Noo from the Teletubbies !
Quite a character and also happens to be my nick name, don't ask why !

• Pros:Lots To Do In Gt Yarmouth, Great For Kids
  • Cons:Cold Sea, Abit Murky To !
  • In a nutshell:Bit Like Blackpool
  • Last visit to Great Yarmouth: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 13, 2004

• Bangkokjoe's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2004 at 5:11 AM

Ni Nixter.... look all your pages are good, spent about half an hour remembering my days in Nottie. Excellent. When you were in Yarmouth... did they still have the Snails - a ride in Joyland? Cheers and visit you soon, Ian

• Elena_007's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2004 at 8:30 AM

I spent 2 days in Gt. Yarmouth. It was during the England Vs. France World Cup, and I had a great time. Pleasure Beach was nice, and won a few cool prizes playing Bingo (lol) The Altlantis Tower had an awesome view! ~Elaine~

Nixter01

“Don't Regret Something You Have Done, Regret Something You Have'nt”

Badges & Stats in Great Yarmouth

Have you been to Great Yarmouth?

Latest Activity in Great Yarmouth