"Lost Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Fuerteventura by Nixter01
Isla de Fuerteventura Travel Guide: 253 reviews and 533 photos
This Island is one of the most unspoilt places that you could see. With clear blue sea, miles of endless golden sand and views to die for, you just don't want to leave!
I visited this Island in 2001 and had always wanted to come here, as you step off the plane and onto the Islands concrete, you just know that this is going to be one of the best places to visit.
We stayed in the resort of ' Caleta De Fuste' , this is one of Fuertevetura's more livelier places but at the same time its just right if you're looking for that relaxing break with shops to browse and a good selection of restaurants offering the local cuisine and always a friendly welcome. You could try your hand at a variety of watersports, from Para-gliding, Jet Ski's, the famous Banana Boats to the relaxing Pedlo's ( Be prepared to peddle! ) or aside that you could take a walk around the harbour and take a trip in a open glass bottom submarine, and see the fish and huge stingrays swim by.
Hiring a car is most definetely the best way of seeing the Island, grab a map, get your sun cream ( and a shirt !) and take the trip 2000ft up into the mountains! On your way you'll pass through several tiny villages, the heat is SO intense you will certainly need to cover your shoulders, feet etc.. unless you want to look like a lobster !
Picture taken by the harbour on my first day there, it was so clear you could see all the fish, look closer and some are quite whoppers !
- Pros:Unspoilt !
- Cons:Watch for the strong currents that catch you out
- In a nutshell:More than just a Volcanic Island
This was also a favourite of ours as it was a Take Away and when we did'nt want to sit and eat we just took it back to... more travel advice
This is the view of the beach from where I was on my sun lounger, as you can see I was the last to go ! more travel advice
- See All The Lighthouse
- See All Don't Step Back!
- See All Dormant Volcanoes
- See All THE BOAT THAT STANDS STILL
Nixter01's Related Pages
Isla de Fuerteventura Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lost Paradise"
- "OH! The sand, the beautiful sand!"
- "Caleta De Fuste"
- "Known by the Greeks as The Fortunate Islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de Fuerteventura
- Hotels in Isla de Fuerteventura
- Transportation in Isla de Fuerteventura
- Nightlife in Isla de Fuerteventura
- Restaurants in Isla de Fuerteventura
- Shopping in Isla de Fuerteventura
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de Fuerteventura
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla de Fuerteventura
- 37 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Isla de Fuerteventura?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de Fuerteventura
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 62 reviews, 64 photos
- Singapore Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Fuerteventura Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kerkyra Intro, 35 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Borovec Intro, 25 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Loughborough Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos