"CUXHAVEN BY BOAT" Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven by Nixter01
Cuxhaven Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 318 photos
Welcome to CUXHAVEN, the gateway to GERMANY% and EUROPE
I came here for my birthday and sailed over from HARWICHu with DFDS Seaways, and although the crossing was somewhat more rougher than before, I had a great time aboard, and slept like a baby both nights.
During the summer here Cuxhaven is full of attractions and you can never get bored. In July, the month starts with the 29th Harbour days including the biggest open-air flea market, on July 17th the local people of Cuxhaven enjoy one of the highlights of the summer season: the Duhner Wattrennen, this special day takes place on the seaground off Duhnen, whilst the tide is low 12 races for amateurs riders are held and those who are lucky can refill their holiday at the betting office, if you can't or miss this event you will find Cuxhaven a great place to visit, there are plenty of shops, cafe's indoor and out, clothing shops and much more situated all next to one another, alot of the shops use this season as an occasion for sales, which is great for all shop-aholics ( my kind of town ! )
Not only does this place offer plenty to buy, it also has many gorgeous houses secluded away round the back streets, painted pink, cream, blue and much more, these we found situated around the backs of the shops and it felt like a totally different town, it was quiet, and hardly anybody about, which was nice as it gave me the opportunity to catch some great street scene pictures ( see below in travellogues )
The picture opposite is of the boat Hermine, not 100% sure of the history behind her, but she was a beautiful boat, situated in a beautiful town.
I would definately recommend Cuxhaven for a city break, its just a shame I was'nt there longer.
City Centre shopping centre.
Strange little place this was, we walked up to it and expected a shopping centre, but instead found several cafe bars and some shops but upstairs there was surgery's sports clinics, dentists and other strange things like this. I guess it was a good idea to have it all under one roof, but it was weird to see as its the last thing you expect in a shopping mall ! It was a very clean and pretty place though.
Local Monument outside the shopping centre.
There was a pretty flower shop nextdoor to the cafe opposite this monument, unfortunately for the owner's a tramp decieded to sit his butt there to which put me off, but it did not put him off playing his guitar then coming over and asking for a light !
He was soon told to go away nicely by one of te waiters.
- Pros:Clean With Lots Of Nice Shops & People
- Cons:Took Too Long To Get There !
- In a nutshell:Maritine Port With Ships, Sailors & Shops !
The first night we dined at the Blue Riband Restaurant onboard and it was a carvery, so you just helped yourself to as... more travel advice
Like I said on my main page for Cuxhaven, tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the shopping centre are all these... more travel advice
Nixter01's Related Pages
Cuxhaven Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cuxhaven ... no it's not the end of the world"
- "A quiet vacation by the North sea"
- "The beach in winter"
- "CUXHAVEN BY BOAT"
- "My kind of Beach"
- "Have a rest on the North See"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cuxhaven
- Hotels in Cuxhaven
- Transportation in Cuxhaven
- Restaurants in Cuxhaven
- Shopping in Cuxhaven
- Warnings and Dangers in Cuxhaven
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cuxhaven
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Cuxhaven?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cuxhaven
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 62 reviews, 64 photos
- Singapore Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Fuerteventura Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kerkyra Intro, 35 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Borovec Intro, 25 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Loughborough Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos