"WELCOME TO MY TRAVELS and Bon Voyage to all !" Nixter01's Profile

LIVE FOR TODAY FOR TOMORROW NEVER COMES

WELCOME TO MY WORLD OF TRAVEL

I was born in NOTTINGHAM in 1973 and moved with my parents back to EAST LEAKE until 1991 from where I left and moved to a VERY remote village called BATTRAM, just outisde COALVILLE, Leicestershire, a once busy mining community. After a year here, me and my house mate decieded to move again, just up the road to ELLISTOWN, again near COALVILLE, for many a reasons it was not for me, I was'nt travelling as I wanted and the area felt difficult for me to adjust to so I moved back home to my mum's.
After awhile me and my sister decieded to rent together and moved into a house in SHEPSHED just outside LOUGHBOROUGH, this was more lively and closer to my work, sadly she fell pregnant after 6mths and moved in with her now ex-husband, again I went home.
Now afew years later and alot wiser as to NOT move in with siblings, I am now living in LEICESTER in a place called WIGSTON, its a fairly big place with plenty of things to keep me occupied, i.e shops, restaurants, and close by cinema's and other outlets. I am currently working on new photo's for my WIGSTON/LEICESTER page, and hope to have that up and running soon.
I hope you enjoy viewing my EAST LEAKE page, its a very special place to me, and will always be my home.

NOW, COME WITH ME ON MY JOURNEY THROUGH MY PAST, TO PLACES I'VE BEEN AND PLACES I AM GOING.
LIFE IS ONE AND ONLY ONE JOURNEY, SO WHY WASTE IT ON THE SAME PLACES EVERY YEAR WHEN THERE ARE IS SO SO MUCH TO SEE AND DO. NATURE ALSO HAS MANY WONDERS TO SHOW US, SO HERE ON MY HOMEPAGE I AM SHOWING YOU JUST AFEW.

LIFE IS ONE BIG RIDE, SO HOP ON AND ENJOY THE TRIP

IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING ALONG AND SEE SOMEONE WITHOUT A SMILE, GIVE THEM ONE OF YOURS.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAMBURG -------------------Hamburg Centre
BRUGGE ---------------------Centre
FRANCE ----------------------Biarritz,Normandy,St.Jeande Luz
SPAIN --------------------------Pyrenees
SINGAPORE ----------------- EVERYWHERE !
Dubai (Still To Come ! )
CANADA -----------------------Toronto
SCOTLAND -------------------Stirling
WALES -------------------------Conway, Rhyl, Tenby
ISLE OF WIGHT -------------Sandown, Ryde, Ventnor
Crete ---------------------------Stalis, Malia, Aghios Nickos
Corfu ---------------------------Aghios Georgios
Bangkok

I would like to tell everyone that I am doing this years RACE FOR LIFE in order of BREAST CANCER so wish me luck, I will keep you updated on when I'm doing it !
All my proceeds will go to www.cancer.research.co.uk
This is a charity close to my heart as my father, his father was lost to this horrible diease, his mother had breast cancer and so has my mother, so whilst I breathe, I will do my upmost to help and find a cure.

INTRODUCTION TO THE GOOD THINGS AROUND ME

Walking, the countryside and art is amongst afew of my favourite things, so I'd like to now share with you some of my favourite pictures from sunsets to boats, all of which when we look closely is the beauty that surrounds us.
Where I live now, there are many country walks and cycle paths etc.. which you find hidden away, these I am currently building into my GLEN PARVA, BLABY, WIGSTON and surrounding LEICESTERSHIRE pages.
One of my travellogues below consists of where I live and I am currently working on it, so please keep dropping by to add comments.
This picture was taken in Singapore Novemeber 2005 in Chinatown, the temples are fantastic and are free to enter, but you must take your shoes off. The inside's are beautiful and watching the locals praying at many of the statue's made me realise how different the UK is regarding having respect, not just for people but for the whole country itself.

My Toy

My PRIDE & JOY !
My Toyota Celica GT. I love my car and am always making little modifications, I'm worse than a child !
My cars have always been important to me, as its the one thing I have been really trully been able to call my own, and I look after them well.
Alongside many others, I am in a Toyota club www.celica-club.co.uk which like here gives lots of advice, meets, and you get to meet lots of other people who love their car. Since this picture was taken I have had new wheels, interior dash panels is blue, I've had side visors for the windows shipped over from Hong Kong ( as they are rare ) and am stopping for a while as apart from my next thing being expensive, I'm Skint ! So its a good enough excuse if any to stop now.

Sunning It In Singapore

Trying to get some shade in a VERY HOT Botanic Gardens on my last day in Singapore.
Was so down that day for several reasons 1) I did'nt want to leave 2) I would be leaving a life long friend behind who has helped me through so much 3) I was not looking forward to the snow and cold that would be welcoming us on arrival back in the UK and I was totally NOT looking forward to the flight ! Singapore to Bangkok, Bangkok-Zurich and switch of planes Zurich-Birmingham. All them hours sat getting a numb bum, what a thought !

Smile

EYE THROUGH A LENSE... My days would be empty and so would my pages without my faithful camera, I have captured so many wonderful, breath taking and once in a life time pictures that I can't ever imagine holidays or days without my camera, and now that I have my new puppy, its all the more reason to have it on hand !

Family

These are two of the most important people in my life, my mother and my step-sister. We've all been to hell and back in one way or another and come out smiling at the other end, we are all each other's rocks and I LOVE YOU GUYS !

My top 10 favourite things

No1 My family (O course ! )
No:2 My Boxer dog, Missy
No:3 My Friends, where we would be without friends ?
No:4 Walking in our pretty countryside/s
No:5 My Toyota Celica
No:6 My Work ( Yes I actually like my job ! )
No:7 Photography
No:8 Visiting as many different places as possible
No:9 Designing my garden ( yes I have green fingers to ! )
No:10 The future, why ? Because its got SO much in store

Missy Elliott ~Our latest addition to the family

I would like you to meet my beautiful pooch Missy ! She is 7mths old and a bundle of none stop energy !
People have their opinions on whether she is a brindle or not, I have always thought brindle's were much darker, everyone we meet on walks fall in love with her, she is just so adorable, and very protective.
She has many favourite things including,
1) Butchers Tripe ( Yukk ! )
2) Feet
3) Hands
4) Anything that does'nt belong to her
5) Walkies of course
6) Beer, fruit & wine ( if she gets her paws on it ! )
7) Her dad
8) Our cream leather sofa ( ouch ! )
9) Her grandma's
10) Other people and lots more !

I can't imagine my life without her now, she hs made it complete, everyday is different and she is always doing things that has us in stitches, boxer dogs have such a unique character, and I would'nt swap her for the world.

Live Your Life, Its The Only One You Have !

Touchdown ! I have'nt even started yet !
Easy Jet touches down in VENICE

• Intro Updated Jul 27, 2006

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Nixter01's Profile Photo

Nixter01

“Don't Regret Something You Have Done, Regret Something You Have'nt”

Real Name