"Home is where the heart is" Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia by DunaKal

Saudi Arabia Travel Guide: 2,806 reviews and 6,467 photos

HOME

Saudi Arabia is the place my father chose to be our home.

Coming from Indonesia 50 years ago(maybe more)to finish his studies in Arabic language.(my Granfather moved from Yemen to Indonesia with his family and as his sons grew up he wanted them to learn their native language).

Then my father obtained the Saudi passport,and although we are Saudies by nationality but to me this is the only home I know!

Our falg does NOT have any violance message(by having the sword on it) infact it represent our culture,in the old days most men had swords to protect their property and wives from invaders,now,still many festivals held and dancing with a sword in the right arm is one of our traditional dance which called(Ardha)preformed by men.

The writing on it(La illaha illa Allah,Mohammad rasool Allah) is what we beileve which means(there`s no God but Allah and Mohammad is his messanger).*

Islamic Monotheism*

Here are something I found on the net that can put some light on Islamic belive(Monotheism):*
____________________________________
Q-Who is your Lord?
A-My Lord is Allah Who has created me and all that exists. He nourishes me and all creatures by His Bounties.
_______________________________________
Q.What is your religion?
A. My religion is Islam, which is submission and obedience to the Order oF Allah and His Messenger with love, hope and fear.
________________________________________
Q.How did you know Allah?
A-I know Him by His signs and creation like the day and night; the sun and the moon; the heaven and the earth, and all that is there in and between them.
_________________________________________
Q.Where is Allah?
A. Allah is above the heavens raised over the Throne and separated from His creatures.
______________________________________
Q.Is Allah with us (in person)?
A. Allah is settled over His Mighty Throne, but He is with us by His Knowledge, hearing ,seeing and other attributes. As He said: "Fear not verily! I am with you both hearing and seeing (V,20. :46)
_______________________________
Q-How do you worship Allah?
A. I worship Allah in a manner in which all my ibadah is dedicated to Him Alone. I do not ascribe anyone with Him in worship.
___________________________________
Q-Why did Allah send Messengers?
A. Allah has sent Messengers so that they call the people to worship Him Alone, not ascribing any partner with Him, and in order that mankind should have no plea against Allah.
_________________________________________________
Q-What are the pillars of Islam?
A:
1. Testimony of Faith (There is no true God except Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ).

2. To establish prayers.(five times a day/night)

3. To pay Zakat.(Annual Charity)

4. To observe fasting in Ramadan.

5. Hajj (pilgrimage to the Sacred House)only if one can afford the journey
___________________________________________
Q-What are the pillars of Iman (Faith)?

A.The pillars of Iman are six i.e. to believe in:

1. Allah.(The Belief in Allah is that you should believe that Allah is the Sole Creator Sustainer Provider and the One in Whose Hand is the disposal of all affairs. Everything stands in need of Him, but He stands in need of none. He is the Only One Who is worthy of being worshipped. He has the Best Names and Perfect Attributes

2. His Angels.(The angels are creatures of light. They are Allah's obedient slaves, they do that which they are commanded and are incapable of disobedience)

3. His Messengers.(It means that Allah sent the Messengers like Moses,Jesus,Abraham. Noah etc. and sent down the books like the Torah, Injeel, Zaboor(Psalms) etc. to call the people to worship God Alone, associating nothing with Him. He sealed (finalized) the Messengers with Prophet Muhammed and abrogated all previous books with the Qur'an. Therefore the worship should be done according to the Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Prophet.)Sunna is Prophet Mohammad way of life,speeches and everything he did.

4. His Books.(look above).

5. The Last Day.(The Belief in the Last Day means to believe that Allah has ordained a fixed term for everything, and a term for this world. He will assuredly raise the dead from their graves and will account for everyone their deeds in this world. On that Day of Resurrection, rewards and punishments will be assigned. Every one will be justly rewarded or punished.)

6. Divine Preordainments good or bad.(The Belief in Preordainment (Qadar) means to believe that everything ? good or bad ? happens or takes place according to what Allah has ordained for it. He has created everything in due proportion.)
_______________________________________________
Q-What is Tauhid (Islamic Monotheism)?
A. Tauhid means declaring Allah to be the only God who deserves to be worshipped in truth and confirming all attributes with which He has qualified Himself or that are attributed to Him by His Messenger .
__________________________________________________

How a Muslim should treat his wife!

Here is something that prophet Mohammad(peace be upon him) said"
The Most perfect in faith amongst believers is he who is best in manner and kindest to his wife"

• Pros:The good hearted people!
  • Cons:Not easy to get a visa!
  • In a nutshell:Not as BAD as it may appear in Media :-S
  • Intro Updated Feb 13, 2009

• CliffClaven's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2007 at 1:45 PM

I wonder if I'll ever get a visa...?

• mfas2000's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2007 at 11:57 PM

Excellent page. shukran

• horsinround2's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 10:33 PM

Thank you for such an informative page about your country!

• SURFIN7TH's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2006 at 10:28 AM

What a great page. I agree that we know very little about that part of the world. Media has a tendency to teach us half truths.

• LuisV's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2006 at 5:59 AM

I just want to say WOW, what a page, that's why you got the award. Congratulations!!! Kind regards

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2006 at 7:06 AM

Great pages, I learned a lot, thank you for sharing!. The local customs were very interesting. I will be coming back to read more about your country. You have cute kids :) Greetings from Sofia

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2006 at 7:57 PM

I love all you teach me whenever I wander into your pages. Your culture is so rich ... and because of you I am a bit less ignorant :)

• mapakettle's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2006 at 4:36 PM

Great pages. I appreciated reading and understanding a bit more about your country. We are rather ignorant in the west when it comes to Saudi Arabia. Pa

• Erin09340's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2006 at 10:51 AM

Your kittens are so cute. I have mine on my homepage too. I really enjoy reading your tips. Very well done. Erin

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2006 at 11:50 AM

Your daughter looks so much like you....we love cats, too!

DunaKal Used To Live Here!

Badges & Stats in Saudi Arabia

Have you been to Saudi Arabia?

Latest Activity in Saudi Arabia