"Home is where the heart is" Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia by DunaKal
Saudi Arabia Travel Guide: 2,812 reviews and 6,485 photos
Saudi Arabia is the place my father chose to be our home.
Coming from Indonesia 50 years ago(maybe more)to finish his studies in Arabic language.(my Granfather moved from Yemen to Indonesia with his family and as his sons grew up he wanted them to learn their native language).
Then my father obtained the Saudi passport,and although we are Saudies by nationality but to me this is the only home I know!
Our falg does NOT have any violance message(by having the sword on it) infact it represent our culture,in the old days most men had swords to protect their property and wives from invaders,now,still many festivals held and dancing with a sword in the right arm is one of our traditional dance which called(Ardha)preformed by men.
The writing on it(La illaha illa Allah,Mohammad rasool Allah) is what we beileve which means(there`s no God but Allah and Mohammad is his messanger).*
Here are something I found on the net that can put some light on Islamic belive(Monotheism):*
Q-Who is your Lord?
A-My Lord is Allah Who has created me and all that exists. He nourishes me and all creatures by His Bounties.
Q.What is your religion?
A. My religion is Islam, which is submission and obedience to the Order oF Allah and His Messenger with love, hope and fear.
Q.How did you know Allah?
A-I know Him by His signs and creation like the day and night; the sun and the moon; the heaven and the earth, and all that is there in and between them.
Q.Where is Allah?
A. Allah is above the heavens raised over the Throne and separated from His creatures.
Q.Is Allah with us (in person)?
A. Allah is settled over His Mighty Throne, but He is with us by His Knowledge, hearing ,seeing and other attributes. As He said: "Fear not verily! I am with you both hearing and seeing (V,20. :46)
Q-How do you worship Allah?
A. I worship Allah in a manner in which all my ibadah is dedicated to Him Alone. I do not ascribe anyone with Him in worship.
Q-Why did Allah send Messengers?
A. Allah has sent Messengers so that they call the people to worship Him Alone, not ascribing any partner with Him, and in order that mankind should have no plea against Allah.
Q-What are the pillars of Islam?
1. Testimony of Faith (There is no true God except Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ).
2. To establish prayers.(five times a day/night)
3. To pay Zakat.(Annual Charity)
4. To observe fasting in Ramadan.
5. Hajj (pilgrimage to the Sacred House)only if one can afford the journey
Q-What are the pillars of Iman (Faith)?
A.The pillars of Iman are six i.e. to believe in:
1. Allah.(The Belief in Allah is that you should believe that Allah is the Sole Creator Sustainer Provider and the One in Whose Hand is the disposal of all affairs. Everything stands in need of Him, but He stands in need of none. He is the Only One Who is worthy of being worshipped. He has the Best Names and Perfect Attributes
2. His Angels.(The angels are creatures of light. They are Allah's obedient slaves, they do that which they are commanded and are incapable of disobedience)
3. His Messengers.(It means that Allah sent the Messengers like Moses,Jesus,Abraham. Noah etc. and sent down the books like the Torah, Injeel, Zaboor(Psalms) etc. to call the people to worship God Alone, associating nothing with Him. He sealed (finalized) the Messengers with Prophet Muhammed and abrogated all previous books with the Qur'an. Therefore the worship should be done according to the Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Prophet.)Sunna is Prophet Mohammad way of life,speeches and everything he did.
4. His Books.(look above).
5. The Last Day.(The Belief in the Last Day means to believe that Allah has ordained a fixed term for everything, and a term for this world. He will assuredly raise the dead from their graves and will account for everyone their deeds in this world. On that Day of Resurrection, rewards and punishments will be assigned. Every one will be justly rewarded or punished.)
6. Divine Preordainments good or bad.(The Belief in Preordainment (Qadar) means to believe that everything ? good or bad ? happens or takes place according to what Allah has ordained for it. He has created everything in due proportion.)
Q-What is Tauhid (Islamic Monotheism)?
A. Tauhid means declaring Allah to be the only God who deserves to be worshipped in truth and confirming all attributes with which He has qualified Himself or that are attributed to Him by His Messenger .
Here is something that prophet Mohammad(peace be upon him) said"
The Most perfect in faith amongst believers is he who is best in manner and kindest to his wife"
- Pros:The good hearted people!
- Cons:Not easy to get a visa!
- In a nutshell:Not as BAD as it may appear in Media :-S
I bought this mug here in Saudi,but I can't seem to remember where exactly but now as i try to squeez my brains for... more travel advice
A must try dessert is the Kunafah,although it`s widely known in all the Arab region(Egypt,Lebanon,Syria,,ect)where... more travel advice
DunaKal's Related Pages
Saudi Arabia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "1001 Arabian Nights ...."
- "Saudia: my perplexed obession"
- "Al-Mamlaka al-Arabiya as-Saudiya"
- "Home is where the heart is"
- " Sand, Souks, and Saudia"
- "redeagle's new Saudi Arabia Page"
- "welcome to Saudi Arabia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saudi Arabia
- Hotels in Saudi Arabia
- Transportation in Saudi Arabia
- Nightlife in Saudi Arabia
- Restaurants in Saudi Arabia
- Shopping in Saudi Arabia
- Warnings and Dangers in Saudi Arabia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saudi Arabia
- 243 Reviews
- 284 Photos
- 473 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Saudi Arabia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saudi Arabia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 123 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 102 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 45 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 31 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 28 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mecca Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jazirat az Zamalik Intro, 30 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medina Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos