London Things to Do Tips by DunaKal
London Things to Do: 9,076 reviews and 15,603 photos
my kids @ The Hyde Park
A walking distance from where we stayed (west end),not the largest in London but most famouse(I guess).
It provides many receational activities,such a track for biking and horse back riding.
you can also use your skates there.
There are toilets on the park,as well as some food and drinks vendors.
Here is a picture of my kids at the park,it was Automn(fall)of 2004.
They enjoyed feeding the ducks at the lake(though I think we`re not allowed to do so).
Address: Park Lane, Bayswater Road, Knightsbridge
Directions: Marble Arch, Hyde Park Corner, Lancaster Gate tubes
This is not mine,,though I`d wish to :-S
We got to see it when we were visting the Royal mews.
Address: Buckingham Palace Road.London
My daughter with her favourite celebrities
This museum is like no other,it has all the celebrites you can think of,politicians,Artists and sports heroes.....but only made of wax!!
That`s in the upper level and at the lower level you get to see how England was in the dark ages.
Best of all I got to hug Nicloas Cage,& John Travolta, my husband didn`t even mind ;-)
Address: Marylebone Road, London NW1 5LR
One of London`s greatest attractions,,the Giant lions set in the sqaure for the rememberence of Nelson's victory at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805.
The sqaure is filled with pigeons,long ago we used to buy seeds to feed them(I used to enjoy this as a child),,but I think you are not allowed to do that any more...
Address: Trafalgar Square
This picture was taken from the airplane,,I never got to see the Thames while in London Before 2004(mainly because I use the underground) unless you entend to see the river,I made my husband fly over the river,,lol,,,oh no I didn`t but I love to brag about making him do things for me ;-)
My kids in the London Eye
I`m sure you have heard this tip a million time,actually I wasn`t so keen to go on the London eye if the weather wasn`t helpful.
It was a sunny day,perfect for the nice view from above.
you might need to go a little early than you planned,because of the long Q for the tickets first then for entering the London Eye.
Kids really enjoyed it,although my daughter was a little affraid at the begining,but then she enjoyed the ride ;-)
Oh and just one more note,babies trollies are not allowed in,you would have to fold it,I have a seen a couple that refused to wake their child and fold the trolly,believe me they were dragged by security!!!
Address: Waterloo, SE1
Directions: Waterloo tube
My daughter tipping The Galdiator
One could easily spend an entire afternoon at Covent Gardens, with its manifold shopping options, numerous cafes, a wine bar featuring live entertainment, lingering street musicians.
Plan to spend at least a half a day here.Best visisted on a Sunday.
My kids really enjoyed the street preformers here,and to tell you the truth..so did I ;-)
Visit my Travel Album about street preformers in London for more pictures.
Address: Covent Gardens
If you were a big fan (like me)of Princess Diana,this is a must see activity.
Mohamed al-Fayed has created a memorial to the princess and his son Dodi,at the Harrods department store in London.
Address: Harrods Knightsbridge, London SW1X
Queen Victoria`s Monument
This is the place for changing guards infront of the Buckingham Palace`s gate.
Address: The Mall, SW1
Directions: Green Park tube
We (my friend and I) bought tickets to the Buckingham palace as well as the Royal Mews.
You get to walk into the mews but only in few numbers of people.
We got there by bus to the Victoria station,then walked to the Buckingham palace road.
Read about it`s history in the given link below.
Address: Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1
More Reviews (31)
- See All Best Burgers in London
- See All Really nice
- See All H & M
- See All London Heathrow Airport
DunaKal's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 45 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 56 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
- Posted in Travel Miami Forum "Re: Miami to Key west"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Street preformers in Covent Gardens"
- updated a London Travelogue "Street preformers in Covent Gardens"
- Wrote a Review Best Burgers in London about The Diner in London Restaurants
- Commented on one of Manyana's London travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 123 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 102 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 45 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 31 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 28 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mecca Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jazirat az Zamalik Intro, 30 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medina Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (41)
- Tower of London- 462 Reviews, 762 Photos
- Buckingham Palace.- 398 Reviews, 660 Photos
- British Museum- 295 Reviews, 529 Photos
- London Eye- 265 Reviews, 455 Photos
- Westminster Abbey- 259 Reviews, 447 Photos
- Camden Town, Lock and Market.- 101 Reviews, 180 Photos
- Houses of Parliament and Big Ben- 374 Reviews, 632 Photos
- Other Museums and Galleries- 265 Reviews, 584 Photos
- Portobello Road and Notting Hill- 89 Reviews, 132 Photos
- St Pauls Cathedral- 248 Reviews, 419 Photos
See All London Things to Do