"Spiritual Experience." Top 5 Page for this destination Mecca by DunaKal

Mecca Travel Guide: 157 reviews and 344 photos

Visiting Makkah(Mecca)

As a muslim I got to visit Makkah many times,Atleast once a year in our holy month Ramadan to perform(Umrah),it is some sort of religious practice to show our worship to Allah(God).Though it can be preformed all year round,,but it`s believed that it`s greatly rewarded when preformed in the nobel month of Ramadan.

I am blessed to be living only 80 kilo meters away from Makkah (more or less)....so the journey is not so tiring.

I took this picture with my mobile cam,it was Ramadan of 2006 and it was a weekend,the Mosque was so crowded even more than the time I went there for Hajj(Hajj is a greater practice),the picture might be blurr,but this is only because I was pushed by my kids by mistake

Al Masjid Al Haram

Here is another piture of Makka`s grand mosque...same location as the picture above...it`s on the out skirt of the mosque,and due to the huge crowd inside the mosque,,people tend to pray outside,with the Imam through listening to the speakers.

If you go the upper level of al Mas`aa you can see this site from the windows on the right hand side.

• Pros:Most spiritual place on Earth.
  • Cons:Summers are extremely hot!!!!
  • Last visit to Mecca: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Jan 20, 2007

• Aug 2, 2010 at 2:12 AM

adress of this place

• Oct 25, 2009 at 6:03 AM

the location where it is situated is very much extraordinary. i want to work in this hotel only after completion of my hotel management course. Now i am in first year. inshaallah i will do the job here only

• Jan 16, 2008 at 8:53 PM

Assalamu'alaikum... you are lucky that you can perform umrah every Ramadhan cos you live so near! Wish I had that chance :) Enjoyed reading your VT pages :)

• Zsa's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2007 at 11:39 PM

Insya ALLAH I will be there this Ramadhan for my Umrah.

• raytor's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2007 at 4:50 AM

I so wish I was there.

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2007 at 8:01 AM

Nice that you have taken a picture of the Makkah`s Grand Mosque! Nice page indeed, very interesting.

• idahayat's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2007 at 3:58 AM

What a brilliant way to cool down the houses! Splendid Mecca page. Anything on Taif?.... I long to glimpse on it.

• imran8852's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2006 at 8:12 AM

'Eid Mubarak...Kullu 'Aamim Wa Antum Bikhoirin!

• Azri_Azmi's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2006 at 7:58 AM

My parent will be performing Haj this year. They will be leaving to Saudi on this 17 Dec 06. Thanks for all the useful tips about Mekah. Thru this, I may advice / tell them accordingly. :)

• Khalid_eg's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2006 at 4:25 AM

nice photos and well done :), yeah mecca was crowded, hot and veryyyy humid.. but anyway if the hardship increased, the rewards increasing too "say that to ur son :-P"

DunaKal Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in Mecca