"~~Thumbs up Marimar~~" DunaKal's Profile

Gone to Facebook for a while

Sorry if I don't reply to your e.mails or questions on travel forum, but I'm not checking Virtual Tourist as I used to.

Travel page honorable mention

This is a letter that I kept for myself for sometime,,until a friend of mine thought I should share it with all of you.....
It`s an e.mail from VT staff:

Dear marimar_72

Just wanted to say congratulations on the honorable mention,your pages are really a great contribution and a credit to you. Choosing 10 pages from among all the excellent ones is, in the end, pretty subjective, but I just wanted to say congratulations and thanks. VT really is full of talented and interesting views.
All the best,
Giampiero
Vice President, Site Content

And look what a VT member told another in a forum thread:*

"Don't forget to chat with Marimar_72 ... she's a wonderful ambassador for her country and has great pages on culture for Saudi :)*

Does anyone have a tissue?*

A little about me

I am a HAPPILY married lady,to a Saudi airline pilot, with 2 kids,a girl and a boy.

I studied nutrition and graduated in year 1995 from
King Abdul Aziz university in Jiddah.

I`m a house wife,
Holding the Saudi Arabian Passport.
A Muslim who is open to all people,
accepts & respects all religions and cultures!!

I have relatives almost all over the globe,they are sorted alphabetically:

-In Australia*(My 2nd cousin).

-Bahrain*,Manama(my cousin).

-Egypt*,Cairo(my husband`s aunts & cousins).

-In Indonesia*Jakarta,Cirebon, and Pekalongan(my aunt &cousins),
some relatives inBali

-InIraq*,Baghdad
and Al Ramadi(my cousins).

- In Tokyo,Japan* ,my mom`s cousin`s son.

-Lebanon*,in Beirut and Sidon(my Uncle and cousins),

-Saudi Arabia*(of course) my parents, 2 sisters and a brother in Jiddah,2 brothers in Riyadh*,an Aunt and her family in Dammam,
my sister`s in-laws in Mecca*.

-Spain*,Madrid(my cousin).

-Sudan*, Sawakin(My husband`s distand realtives & cousins).

-Syria*,My sister`s in law`s in Damascus and my brother`s in-laws in Latakia.

-UAE*(my cousins in Dubai & Abu Dhabi).

-UK,
London ,(My husband`s cousin).

-USA*my sister,in Dallas,TX
My sister in Law &
nephews in : Portland,OR. And Washington DC.

-Yemen*(my cousins).

As you can see no matter how far distand my relative can be I still call themFAMILY*

Jiddah,Saudi Arabia(Home)

I was born in Jiddahand lived all my life here.Originally from
Muhafazat Hadramout
in Yemen.(The origin of Arab race).

Jiddah,it`s located on the Red Sea,where the beautiful coral,white sand beaches and lots of sun all year round.
The name of Jiddah means (Grandmother)which it has been believed that Eve was buried here.There is even a cemetery called by her name(Ommana Hawwa)which means {our mother Eve.}

Here is the official site of Jiddah city*Al Nokhba

I took this picture when I went to the downtown(city center).The big building on the right is the National Saudi Bank.The water infront of it is the Arba`een Lake.

Cairo,Egypt!(2nd Home)

Egypt,Egypt......now this country is unique,it would take me a life time to tell my story about it.
I consider it my second home!

I first visited Cairo,Egypt back in 1994 and ever since I was hooked on it,or as the Egyptians love to say(if you drink the water of the Nile you will return to Egypt)!

Egypt has it all,history,culture,and wild nightlife!
In 2001 I thought to myself,,if I travel to Cairo 3 to 4 times a year,,why not buy a place here?!and so I did :-D

Cairo is the place where I can give you tips on where to go,dine,and where to hang out...*

took this picture from Nile Hilton`s hotel Balcony where I was visiting my friends

My humble collection

I hate shopping,,that`s why I only have 40 pairs of shoes,,if I loved it the number would have been a lot bigger ;-) This picture shows only 27 pairs!

Inspired and dedicated to my late VT friend BerniShand!
God bless her soul.

My Abaya*

This is what I wear when I go out from my house,it`s called an Abaya..(the black cloak).
The head scarf is called Tarha..
This Abaya was custom made and inspired from the Moroccan Calfitan.
Abayas also has trends and style that changes almost every year(around the holy month of Ramadan).Most women like to go to the Eid prayers celebrating the end of the fasting month,by wearing a new Abaya.

For other pictures of other Abayas,visit here
And here

World Peace!

LOVE & PEACE to all.*

Thanks to a VT member:
xaver
for sharing this flag with me ;-)
And I thank him for introducing VT to me :-D

My travel pages will be updated on regular bases so keep visiting it ;-)*

• Intro Updated Nov 13, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!