"~~Thumbs up DunaKal~~" DunaKal's Profile

Search for me on the web

Sorry if I don't reply to your e.mails or questions on travel forum, but I'm not checking Virtual Tourist as I used to.

Travel page honorable mention

This is a letter that I kept for myself for sometime,,until a friend of mine thought I should share it with all of you.....
It`s an e.mail from VT staff:

Dear DunaKal,

Just wanted to say congratulations on the honorable mention,your pages are really a great contribution and a credit to you. Choosing 10 pages from among all the excellent ones is, in the end, pretty subjective, but I just wanted to say congratulations and thanks. VT really is full of talented and interesting views.
All the best,
Giampiero
Vice President, Site Content

Does anyone have a tissue?*

A little about me

I am a married lady,to a Saudi airline pilot, with 2 kids,a girl and a boy.

I studied nutrition and graduated from
King Abdul Aziz university in Jiddah.

A house wife,
Holding the Saudi Arabian Passport.
A Muslim who is open to all people,accepts & respects all religions and cultures!!

find me on Twitter
@DunaKal

Jiddah,Saudi Arabia(Home)

I was born in Jiddahand lived all my life here.Originally from
Muhafazat Hadramout
in Yemen.(The origin of Arab race).

Jiddah,it`s located on the Red Sea,where the beautiful coral,white sand beaches and lots of sun all year round.
The name of Jiddah means (Grandmother)which it has been believed that Eve was buried here.There is even a cemetery called by her name(Ommana Hawwa)which means {our mother Eve.}

Picture was taken at Jiddah downtown(city centre).The big building on the right is the National Saudi Bank.The water infront of it is the Arba`een Lake.

Cairo,Egypt!(2nd Home)

Egypt,Egypt......now this country is unique,it would take me a life time to tell my story about it.
I consider it my second home!

I first visited Cairo,Egypt back in 1994 and ever since I was hooked on it,or as the Egyptians love to say(if you drink the water of the Nile you will return to Egypt)!

Egypt has it all,history,culture,and nightlife!
Cairo is the place where I can give you tips on where to go,dine,and where to hang out...*

% Took this picture from Nile Hilton`s hotel Balcony where I was visiting my friends

My Abaya*

This is what we -women-wear when we go out from the house,it`s called an Abaya..(the black cloak).
The head scarf is called Tarha..
This Abaya was custom made and inspired from the Moroccan Calfitan.
Abayas also has trends and style that changes almost every year(around the holy month of Ramadan).Most women like to go to the Eid prayers celebrating the end of the fasting month,by wearing a new Abaya.

For other pictures of other Abayas,visit here
And here

• Intro Updated May 5, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
DunaKal's Profile Photo

DunaKal

“Travel, as much as you can, as far as you can, as long as you can, life is not meant to be lived in one place. ”

Real Name