"Pècs, holidays in a student town..." Pecs by Djinn76
Pecs Travel Guide: 324 reviews and 803 photos
Last step of our trip in Hungary, Pécs or indeed Sopianae as it was called during the roman period has about a 2000 years history...
The old town is a real jewel, a concentration of wonderful buildings inside the medieval walls. The atmosphere is really decontracted and you can't do without wandering into the walking street...
The students have been part of the town for several centuries but I was there right in the middle of summer, maybe not the best time to enjoy this kind of atmosphere...
I like very much this picture, they are tens of lockers ... since quite often two names are written on each and this is close to the basilica; I could guess what they represent. However if someone have more details, I'd be interested to know...
Pecs is about 2000 years old. Since it has always been an important religious center, not easy to set a date on this... more travel advice
Back to Széchenyi tér, the main square, the heart of the city, you can't miss this building with its amazing roof... more travel advice
Djinn76's Related Pages
Pecs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "city at foot of Mecsek hill and Baranya capital"
- "A true, historic, European city!"
- " Pécs, my beautiful home town "
- "The Turkish South"
- "Pécs European Capital of Culture 2010"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pecs
- Hotels in Pecs
- Transportation in Pecs
- Nightlife in Pecs
- Restaurants in Pecs
- Shopping in Pecs
- Warnings and Dangers in Pecs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pecs
- 12 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Pecs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pecs
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tournai Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 51 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amman Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 46 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Brussels Intro, 25 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos