"Mons, the heart of my student life ;-)" Mons by Djinn76
Mons Travel Guide: 212 reviews and 416 photos
Mons is situated in an area called "Le Borinage"in the "Province de Hainaut". Untill WW2, it was part of a prosperous industrial area. The coal mines are now closed but the students are still there...
I've spent 5 years studying in this charming town. However I've to confess that as a student I was more interested by my studies and the student life than by the local history...
I won't have too many cultural tips to share but instead many local custom ones ;-)
Last WE, I had a drink with some friends. It was a good opportunity to bring my camera and take a few pictures...
More to come...
... simply need to go back for another walk once it not freezing anymore and this time with enough batteries!
If you meet weird people wearing a dirty coat and a long cap at the end of a big chain, don't be scared, they are simply... more travel advice
Mons is quite a little town but there are three different official universities... * Faculté Polytechnique de Mons :... more travel advice
Djinn76's Related Pages
Mons Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Enjoy to stroll around"
- "Mons and the Doudou"
- "Mons, a medieval town with strong traditions!"
- "A Microcosm Of Larger European Cities"
- "MON'S - WELL WORTH A STOP!"
- "MONS (Bergen in Dutch)"
- "Mons, the heart of my student life ;-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mons
- Hotels in Mons
- Transportation in Mons
- Nightlife in Mons
- Restaurants in Mons
- Shopping in Mons
- Warnings and Dangers in Mons
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mons
- 16 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Mons?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mons
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tournai Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 51 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amman Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 46 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Brussels Intro, 25 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos