"Student Life in Hull" Kingston upon Hull by Djinn76
Kingston upon Hull Travel Guide: 282 reviews and 475 photos
I've spent six months in 1999 at the University of Hull to prepare my thesis.
More information about this university from:
I still don't know why but there is lots of international students in Hull. The atmosphere amongst them is excellent and they even have their own association, the ISA.
It is organising parties, dinner; trips,...
Studying abroad is an experience I would warmly recommend.
I choose UK as a country to improve my English but it could have been a mistake, you would speak English wherever you go.
This is mainly an industrial port that has been heavily bombed during WW2. The city is huge but the city centre is rather small. Unfortunately you won't find lots of touristic attractions there .
I would say the main ones are the Marina and the Humber bridge
As a foreign student, let say the student life is pretty good and you don't really need a nice city to enjoy the pubs, clubs, parties... anyway the city centre is pretty far from the university ;-)
For a longer stay, the location is perfect. You can easily arrive from the continent using the ferry (you sleep one night on board and the day after you're there).
If someone comes to visit you, simply organise one day to York, a nice medieval town, this is really close and is the touristic place by definition.
From Hull, if you have a car, you can also see lots of nice place all around, York of course but also Leeds, Nottingham, Scarborough,...
Also why not organising a mini-trip to Scotland or even Ireland
Last but not least, if you compare it to other place in UK, life in Hull is pretty cheap.
This is not really close to the center but if you pass by the university, their campus is worth a glance! more travel advice
Next to the University of Hull stands the University of Humberside. They are really close to each other so don't be... more travel advice
Djinn76's Related Pages
Kingston upon Hull Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "England's European gateway"
- "King's Town upon the River Hull"
- "Hull: Reclaiming the city, reclaiming the sea..."
- "A Journey into the Unknown!"
- "For the third time of visiting"
- "Yet rebirthing, very worthy UK location!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kingston upon Hull
- Hotels in Kingston upon Hull
- Transportation in Kingston upon Hull
- Nightlife in Kingston upon Hull
- Restaurants in Kingston upon Hull
- Shopping in Kingston upon Hull
- Warnings and Dangers in Kingston upon Hull
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kingston upon Hull
- 15 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Kingston upon Hull?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kingston upon Hull
Photos in Kingston upon HullSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tournai Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 51 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amman Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 46 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Brussels Intro, 25 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (8)
Latest Kingston upon Hull hotel reviews
- Premier Inn Hull City Centre
- 308 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Royal Hotel Hull
- 391 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Express By Holiday Inn Hull
- 199 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Campanile Hull
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013
- Stop Inn Hull
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Holiday Inn Hull Marina
- 255 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Vale Guest House
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 5, 2013
- Kingston Theatre Hotel
- 69 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Clyde House Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion