"A raid to Sur!!" Sur by Djinn76
Sur Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 84 photos
The least we can say is that it is not so obvious to reach this city... From Muscat there are two main roads, the "coastal road" and another longer one going through the innerland!
The first one is shorter, about 200km but the second one is faster even if it is about 400km!!
The reason is that, even if they are currently building a nice highway (badly damaged in July due to some kind of typhoon), you'll definitely need a 4*4 car, most of the way is indeed just a trail...
More details (in French) and pictures are available HERE!
...I haven't really had the time to do lots of sightseeing but apparently the city is known for its traditional boats!
Djinn76's Related Pages
Sur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sur, Ras Al Jinz & Ras Al Hadd"
- "SUR HOME OF THE DHOW"
- "The cradle of the dhows"
- "A raid to Sur!!"
- "Sur Pictures"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sur
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Sur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sur
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tournai Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 51 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amman Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 46 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Brussels Intro, 25 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos