"Les Deux Alpes, a city at the foot of the slopes…" Mont-de-Lans by Djinn76

Mont-de-Lans Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 9 photos

We are now in the middle of summer; it took me quite some time before building this page. The reason is quite simple; I’ve lost my camera while skiing down a slope. At the beginning I was so deceived that I didn’t even want to build a page about those holidays. But at the end, I still want to keep track of the good memories…I managed to save one of my memory cards with a few pictures…

To come back to our main subject, les Deux Alpes, this is more a little “ski city” than a typical ski resort. It is huge and indeed very wide (so that everyone can have an easy access to the slopes)! To go from one side to the other, better take the car! The good news is that it’s packed with restaurants, clubs and pubs; the night life is definitely much animated than in some smaller resorts.
The second good news is that it attracts people from all around Europe; speaking English is not something weird here.

About the skiing area itself, it’s barely enough for one week but I’d say it’s ok. The infrastructure is pretty much up to date. The tracks are quite wide and even if many of them are quite steep I don’t remember a slope that was particularly challenging (not skiing off the tracks).

• Last visit to Mont-de-Lans: Mar 2005
  • Intro Written Jul 23, 2005

Comments

Djinn76

“Know where you come from before going anywhere!!”

Badges & Stats in Mont-de-Lans

Have you been to Mont-de-Lans?

Latest Activity in Mont-de-Lans