"Les Deux Alpes, a city at the foot of the slopes…" Mont-de-Lans by Djinn76
Mont-de-Lans Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 9 photos
We are now in the middle of summer; it took me quite some time before building this page. The reason is quite simple; I’ve lost my camera while skiing down a slope. At the beginning I was so deceived that I didn’t even want to build a page about those holidays. But at the end, I still want to keep track of the good memories…I managed to save one of my memory cards with a few pictures…
To come back to our main subject, les Deux Alpes, this is more a little “ski city” than a typical ski resort. It is huge and indeed very wide (so that everyone can have an easy access to the slopes)! To go from one side to the other, better take the car! The good news is that it’s packed with restaurants, clubs and pubs; the night life is definitely much animated than in some smaller resorts.
The second good news is that it attracts people from all around Europe; speaking English is not something weird here.
About the skiing area itself, it’s barely enough for one week but I’d say it’s ok. The infrastructure is pretty much up to date. The tracks are quite wide and even if many of them are quite steep I don’t remember a slope that was particularly challenging (not skiing off the tracks).
Nothing really fancy about this restaurant, this is a classical place for tourists as you can find many in the resort,... more travel advice
If the general difficulty in the skiing area is not too high, the way to come back to the resort is relatively... more travel advice
Djinn76's Related Pages
Mont-de-Lans Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Mont-de-Lans
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Mont-de-Lans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mont-de-Lans
- Posted in Travel Aachen Forum "Shopping - looking for a LCD TV"
- Wrote a Review A night restaurant in Mont-de-Lans Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Boarder Cross"
- created a Mont-de-Lans Travel Page "Les Deux Alpes, a city at the foot of the slopes…"
- Commented on one of Bob_Shan's Mont-de-Lans travel pages
Photos in Mont-de-LansSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tournai Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 51 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amman Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 46 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Brussels Intro, 25 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos