"Outsourcing in India" Gurgaon by Djinn76
Gurgaon Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 51 photos
Even if I have spent two weeks in India, I have really not seen much of the country.
I went there to provide a training to local engineers and the only time I had on my own was the week end... I didn't make too much plans and that was a good thing! I was sick like hell, call that food poisoning or whatever else but the result was there, I couldn't move too far away from a toilet!! I have just enjoyed the comfort of the luxurious hotel I was staying at...
And that's the main thing I'll remember from that trip, the contrast between the extreme poverty and extreme wealth.
...not even extreme wealth, the middle-class seem to grow pretty fast as well. The engineers I was training were earning more than enough to live decently over there. The sad thing is that this seems to go along with an extreme westernization. When we were going out in the evening, I asked them to bring me to some traditional places but unfortunately, the 'good places' they knew were only some kind of standard pub/club you could find anywhere in the world!
Same thing for the culture side, I asked them about sightseeing in Delhi but according to them there was nothing really worth over there... or they were afraid to show me the beggars!
Djinn76's Related Pages
Gurgaon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gurgaon - Haryana"
- "Not my type!!"
- "Delhi MNC"
- "Outsourcing in India"
- "One nighter on the way to Airport"
- "Gurgaon: a high-tech sattelite city"
- See All...
- Hotels in Gurgaon
- Transportation in Gurgaon
- Nightlife in Gurgaon
- Restaurants in Gurgaon
- Shopping in Gurgaon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gurgaon
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Gurgaon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gurgaon
Photos in GurgaonSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tournai Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 51 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amman Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 46 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Brussels Intro, 25 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos