"Outsourcing in India" Gurgaon by Djinn76

Gurgaon Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 52 photos

Even if I have spent two weeks in India, I have really not seen much of the country.

I went there to provide a training to local engineers and the only time I had on my own was the week end... I didn't make too much plans and that was a good thing! I was sick like hell, call that food poisoning or whatever else but the result was there, I couldn't move too far away from a toilet!! I have just enjoyed the comfort of the luxurious hotel I was staying at...

And that's the main thing I'll remember from that trip, the contrast between the extreme poverty and extreme wealth.

...not even extreme wealth, the middle-class seem to grow pretty fast as well. The engineers I was training were earning more than enough to live decently over there. The sad thing is that this seems to go along with an extreme westernization. When we were going out in the evening, I asked them to bring me to some traditional places but unfortunately, the 'good places' they knew were only some kind of standard pub/club you could find anywhere in the world!

Same thing for the culture side, I asked them about sightseeing in Delhi but according to them there was nothing really worth over there... or they were afraid to show me the beggars!

• Last visit to Gurgaon: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 10, 2006

Comments

Djinn76

“Know where you come from before going anywhere!!”

Badges & Stats in Gurgaon

Have you been to Gurgaon?

Latest Activity in Gurgaon