"Welcome - Bienvenue" Djinn76's Profile
Since you made it to this page, here is a few lines to introduce myself.
I was born quite some time ago in Tournai, a quiet Belgian town close to the French border. When I was a kid, holiday mainly means France. Thanks to my parents, I've discovered most of this beautiful country.
I have then spent five wonderful years in Mons for my studies. That's when I've learned to discover many customs from the province of Hainaut (Doudou, Ducasse d'Ath, Carnaval de Binche,...).
The province is actualy pretty poor: lots of coal mines and heavy industries have disappeared, just creating lots of low qualified unemployed. But don't fall into the trap, don't consider this area uninteresting! It has much to offer...
I have finally graduated and migrated to the capital !! I've slightly got used to Brussels. At the beginning, I would have felt much more confident in Mons or Tournai but this is no longer the case, on the contrary! I'm actually working for a big American company. If this is not always easy, it has some great advantages: I am travelling a lot, UK, Manila, San Francisco, Austin, Amman, just to name the first trips...
Now, enough about myself, let me introduce some of my main pages (check the travel page for the complete list).
Too often overlooked, this is an "off the beaten path" Belgian destination that is definitely worth a look!!
Austin - Texas .
I'm particularly proud of the SF page, I've seen almost every classical must see... Too bad I've missed the Victorian houses, no big deal, it will be for the next time ;-)
Austin is not so known but is also worth a visit... More classical in Texas would be San Antonio, the Nasa Center in Houston or even Fredericksburg
Avoriaz / Les portes du soleil
Les Trois Vallees
Risoul and Vars : La Foret Blanche
Les Deux Alpes
I learned to ski only a couple of years ago but quickly became addicted...
These few pages introduce the ski resorts I've visited so far!
Budapest would be for the cultural part while Tokaj is producing one of the most famous sweet wine in the world...
Far from Hungary, another great cultural trip I've done was in Jordan. No wine here, only the remaining of ancient civilizations : an absolute must see, in no specific order: Petra , Amman, Jerash and Wadi Rum
* These are the latest 'complete page' I had the time to write:
- Petra : the 8th Marvel of the World
- Amman : the White Capital
- Jerash : an Ancient City
- Wadi Rum : the Red Desert
* skiing trip in Valmorel
Quite some time I haven't written a "complete page"! In fact, I have moved to another job and I'm now traveling a lot for business. I simply can't keep up anymore with VT!
I however try to keep track of my different trips with a minimal page for each one and a description of the (quite often luxurious) hotel my employer is paying... ;-))
San Jose, Ca (*2) - Las Vegas - Amsterdam - Barcelona
Austin - l'Alpe d'Huez (ski) - Normandie - India - roadtrip to Agen (France) - Cannes - Strasbourg- Sofia
Sofia - Val D'Isere (ski) - Dubai - Cannes - London (*x) - l'Alpe d'Huez (ski) - Vienna - Raleigh, North Carolina - Warsaw (*2) - Den Haag - Burgundy (rollerskate) - Berlin - Oman - Copenhagen - Edinburgh - Strasbourg
Chamonix (ski) - London (*x) - Les Menuires (ski) - Strasbourg- Warsaw - Ironbridge/Telford (*2) - Koblenz - Vienna (*4) - Netherlands (rollerskate) - Geneva - Copenhagen - Munich - Napoli - Rudesheim - Burgundy (rollerskate) - Den Haag - Stockholm - Köln - Rome - Stockhom - Toledo
London (*3) - Flaine (ski) - Barcelona - Munich - Nuremberg (*5) - Morzine (ski) - Napoli - Netherlands (rollerskate) - Geneva - Koblenz - Rudesheim (rollerskate) - South France (from Castelnaudary to Soulac, 500km rollerskating), Paris, Cologne, Ispra/Milano, Istanbul (*2), Copenhagen
London (*x) - Argentiere (ski) - Nuremberg (*2) - La Rosiere (ski) - Frankfurt - Lago Maggiore - Helsinki - Manchester
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 808 Reviews
- 1,365 Photos
- 25 Countries
- 93 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
- Uploaded a Photo to "A sunday afternoon in Mons"
- Djinn76 and B_Caro are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Aachen Forum "Shopping - looking for a LCD TV"
- Wrote a Review Many restaurants around... in Ipswich Hotels
- created a Manchester Travel Page "A modern city with an industrial past!"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome - Bienvenue"
- Commented on Lilie.uk's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tournai Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 51 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amman Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 46 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Brussels Intro, 25 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos