"a beautiful city, Zhuhai" Top 5 Page for this destination Zhuhai by MINOSUKE

Zhuhai Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 285 photos

Zhuhai Means 'Pearl River'

I have visited Zhuhai three times in the past four years.
My friend's husband worked there so I had opprtunities to visit the city.

The city of Zhuhai is very modernized and beautiful. The roads are wide. In most of the main streets, there are 4 lanes on one side. A lot of trees are planted along the streets. The buildings and streets are streamlined.

To go to Zhuhai, we take a ferry boat from Hong Kong.
A ferry boat service from Hong Kong International Airport to Zhuhai is available but only 3 times a day. If you are lucky to take it, it will take you in about 50 minutes to Zhuhai. If you cannot take it, you should go to Kawloon or Hong Kong ferry port. The ferry service from those ports will take more than 1 hour.
There is another way to enter Zhuhai. If you are staying in Macau, you can go to the immigration by taki or by bus. You depart from Macau and walk a few hundred meters and enter Zhuhai on foot. (I recommend you this method to enter Zhuhai. If you are staying in Macau, you will be able to make a one-day-trip to Zhuhai. You will enjoy delicious food and will be really relaxed taking foot massage.)

I made a short trip to Macau, Zhuhai and Hong Kong at the end of March, 2009. This was my third or fourth visit to those cities. These three cities are so closely located but they are so different from each other. Now they all belong to China, but Hong Kong used to belong to England and Macau to Portugal. Even now, we need to go through separate immigration procedure when we travel from one of these cities to another, lke we are travelling around three different countries.
I like to visit this area very much. Each city has its own charm. How many times I visit it, I will never be bored.

The Symbol Of Zhuhai?

Zhuhai is located on Chu Kong (Pearl River) Delta. The sea is usually brownish with sand. The color of the sea gives me strong impression every time I visit Zhuhai. This time I went to see the Fishing Girl Statue and enjoyed the scenary of the sea. Many Chinese people were there and paused with the statue. At night it will be illuminated.
Don't you think she is very sexy?

Foot Massage

Whenever I go to Zhuhai, I never fail to take foot massage or body massage. This year I took medical massage for the feet and for the whole body including the head.
Please see my Zhuhai Things To Do tip.

• Last visit to Zhuhai: Mar 2009