"Khabarovsk - Europe meets Far East" Top 5 Page for this destination Khabarovsk by filip007
Khabarovsk Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 207 photos
Far in the Eastern Siberia, Khabarovsk is a really pleasant town to visit and spend one or two days.
First founded as a military outpost in 1858 by Count Nikolai Muravyov, it lies on the Transsiberian railway, that arrived in the city in 1897.
For me it had a really european feel, with the promenades along Amur river, most of the town easily explored walking and the red brick buildings from 19th century.
While many of the city buildings were built by japanes prisoners of war after second world war (and according to my local partners, they are the best buildings to live in), you will find great architectural buildings from 19th century along the Muravyova-Amurskogo street.
You cannot miss it, standing by the Amur river gives you the feel of standing at the shores of the sea.
Around 4 km wide, a bridge for cars was opened only around 5 years ago, before the river being crossed by ferries. There is also a tunnel for trains going under the river.
- Pros:Architecture, small museums, the overall feel
- Cons:Far away (unless coming from northern China)
- In a nutshell:Europe meets Far East
Small park on the hill above Amur, containing a tower in which a group of Austrian POWs was shot dead for refusing to... more travel advice
As in most russian cities outside Moscow and St Petersburg, there is a striking contrast between renovated stone and... more travel advice
filip007's Related Pages
Khabarovsk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Khabarovsk homepage"
- "Khabarovsk - Harsh life, friendly people"
- "Khabarovsk - Europe meets Far East"
- "Awesome city"
- "Khabarovsk -- and nearby Birobidzhan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Khabarovsk
- Hotels in Khabarovsk
- Transportation in Khabarovsk
- Nightlife in Khabarovsk
- Restaurants in Khabarovsk
- Shopping in Khabarovsk
- Warnings and Dangers in Khabarovsk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Khabarovsk
- 13 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Khabarovsk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Khabarovsk
Photos in KhabarovskSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Basse-Normandie Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 25 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadeloupe Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Naples Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khabarovsk Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Moscow Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sergiyev Posad Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Arkhangel'skoye Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Jersey Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caserta Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.