"Caserta Reggia" Caserta by filip007
Caserta Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 158 photos
As every ruling dynasty in Europe had to have its own "Versailles" (of course bigger, more majestic, more whatever), so did the Bourbon dynasty in kingdom of Naples.
I think this comparison does not do justice however to Caserta Reggia, who truly stands on its own. Built in a more sober classicist style by Gianluigi Vanvitelli, the palace is really "regal" and imposing. And the gardens, with a long line of 3kms climbing uphill are truly unique.
Slightly of the main walk - on the right when descending, you will find a rather huge pond with an island in the middle.... more travel advice
Luigi Vanvitelli (and his son who continued the work afterwards) is also responsible for the gardens, who climb up the... more travel advice
filip007's Related Pages
Caserta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STAR WARS AND THE ROYAL PALACE OF NABOO?"
- "Caserta - La Reggia"
- "La Reggia of Caserta: A (Huge) Little Known Gem"
- "Reggia di Caserta: Vanvitelli's masterpiece"
- "Caserta, Italy (near Napoli)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caserta
- Hotels in Caserta
- Transportation in Caserta
- Restaurants in Caserta
- Warnings and Dangers in Caserta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caserta
- 5 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Caserta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caserta
Photos in CasertaSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Basse-Normandie Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 25 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadeloupe Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Naples Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khabarovsk Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Moscow Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sergiyev Posad Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Arkhangel'skoye Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Jersey Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caserta Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.