"My Love Affair with Nepal" Top 5 Page for this destination Nepal by into-thin-air
Nepal Travel Guide: 4,144 reviews and 11,285 photos
My Love Affair with Nepal started back in 1994 when I bought an old Landrover, put together a small group and drove from Cumbria (UK) to Kathmandu, since then I have returned a further ten times and am Hoping to return in the spring of 2015 for trip number Eleven :-)
Since my first visit I have fallen in love with both the country and its people, Nepal is one of the poorest countries in the world, but as little as the people there have, they are nearly always willing to share it with you. So in 2004 I started my own little enterprise, Pro-Tector to try, in my own small way to help.
In the following Pages, Tips and Travelogues below I will attempt to pass on my own experiences in Nepal to try to also encourage and help future visitors to the Beautiful yet sometimes troubled country.
For those interested, my individual trips and top recommendations are written up in the travelogues, In the Nepal Travel Tips Sections I have tried to explain procedures for arriving in Nepal, Ideas for Trekking along with permit requirements and reviews of the different styles available, Rafting on some of Nepal’s Awesome rivers, What to try to see when you are visiting Nepal including the world heritage sites as well as the national Parks, Transportation ideas and options and reviews of hotels and restaurants that I have used plus many other bits and pieces that I think might well be of use to visitors to Nepal.
Nepal is a wonderful country to visit and overall is a very safe destination, the people are some of the nicest that I have met anywhere in the world and the scenery is to die for – However there are some pitfalls and I have also tried to mention these but if there is something that I have missed or extra information that you require then Please feel free to drop me a line and I will do my very best to answer you.
- Pros:Nepal is my Favourite Country -- So anything I could say here would be a bit biased !!!
- Cons:It is True that Nepal does have it's fair share of political problems now - " But It IS still Safe for the Tourist in My Opinion " !!
- In a nutshell:The Diversity of this country will always amaze me, Mountains, National Parks, Rivers to Raft and Wonderful Ancient Cities to visit !!
An increasing number of trekkers are including a trekking peak in their itineraries. These peaks are decided up into two... more travel advice
Mardi Himal makes a great little trek – 5 days would be the safe minimum for this trek because of the height gain –... more travel advice
- See All Picking and Packing a Rucksack
- See All Serving good food for more than 20 years
- See All Getting from Kathmandu to Pokhara
- See All SIM Cards in Nepal
- See All Mardi Himal Loop Night 8
into-thin-air's Related Pages
Nepal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Love Affair with Nepal"
- "The Himalayan Kingdom"
- "Namaste, Naya Nepal!"
- "..dramatic nepal.."
- "Nepal, A country I have to visit again : and I did"
- "Nepal, Culture & Trekking"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nepal
- Hotels in Nepal
- Transportation in Nepal
- Nightlife in Nepal
- Restaurants in Nepal
- Shopping in Nepal
- Warnings and Dangers in Nepal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nepal
- 350 Reviews
- 1,033 Photos
- 877 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Nepal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nepal
- Posted in Travel Kathmandu Forum "Re: What to do in Kathmandu, and..."
- updated a Nepal Travel Page "My Love Affair with Nepal"
- Wrote a Review Peak Fees in Nepal Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Peak Fees"
- Commented on one of into-thin-air's Nepal travel pages
- Commented on the Nepal travel guide
- Uploaded a Video to Nepal
Videos in NepalSee All Videos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nepal Intro, 334 reviews, 928 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 127 reviews, 435 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cantabria Intro, 78 reviews, 247 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria Intro, 56 reviews, 222 photos, 11 travelogues
- England Intro, 38 reviews, 178 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 100 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bilbao Intro, 46 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catalunya Intro, 30 reviews, 136 photos
- Granada Intro, 40 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zaragoza Intro, 31 reviews, 120 photos