"Limnos -- Island in the Sun !!" Top 5 Page for this destination Limnos Island by into-thin-air
Limnos Island Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 62 photos
Having caught the Ferry from Samothraki to Limnos, We arrived at Myrina, the capitol and ferry-port of Limnos just before midnight. The ferry trip had taken just under four hours from Samothraki. So the first task was to find some sort of accommodation for the night, this proved somewhat difficult as by the time we had walked around from the port into the town centre it was well after midnight and as it still wasn't full season a lot of places were either closed up for the night or just closed !!!
We did find a small hotel, not very clean and very noisy but it did us for the night -- Just !!!
So the next day, after a Poor nights sleep we decided to move on and find somewhere " Nice " to stay for our remaining two nights !! As we were still somewhat overloaded we thought that the best option we had was to hire a car out for the duration of our stay on the Island, apart from it giving us the best chance of touring the Island and finding better accommodation it also made the trip to the airport on our last evening nice and simple as we were able to leave the car there !!
So we spent the Day touring the Island, checking out the Ancient sites and having a good Look around the Island, we eventually opted to stay at Agios Giannis, and a Really Beautiful place that was too !!!!
We spent the next two nights staying at Agios Giannis and toured the Island from here. Limnos is blessed with miles of deserted sandy beaches, especially south of Moudros, just pick a dirt road and see where it takes you !! The Ancient Sites are well worth a visit and the Natural scenery of the Island is really pretty !!
- Pros:A Beautiful Island, Great Beaches and Ancient Sites and although there is some mass tourism the island isn't exactly overrun with tourists !!!
- Cons:Not a lot of con's that I can think of ???
- In a nutshell:Not Nearly as stunning as Samothraki but never-the-less this Island has a charm all of its own !!! Well Worth a Visit !!!
Difficult to say exactly what my " Favourite " was !!?? The Ancient sites were Fantastic -- The Deserted beaches were... more travel advice
The Best way to Tour Limnos is to hire your own transportation, We hired a car from " Holiday Car rentals " and found... more travel advice
into-thin-air's Related Pages
Limnos Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Windy island!"
- "Limnos island"
- "Limnos -- Island in the Sun !!"
- "Prefecture of Lesvos"
- "Limnos island, Greece"
- "Limnos or Lemnos, The Land of Hephaestus"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Limnos Island
- Hotels in Limnos Island
- Transportation in Limnos Island
- Restaurants in Limnos Island
- Shopping in Limnos Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Limnos Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Limnos Island
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Limnos Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Limnos Island
Photos in Limnos IslandSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nepal Intro, 329 reviews, 915 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 127 reviews, 435 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria Intro, 55 reviews, 221 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 100 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bilbao Intro, 45 reviews, 130 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catalunya Intro, 30 reviews, 136 photos
- Granada Intro, 40 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zaragoza Intro, 31 reviews, 120 photos
- Aragon Intro, 30 reviews, 108 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Comunidad Valenciana Intro, 28 reviews, 103 photos