"I fell in love with Cody" Top 5 Page for this destination Cody by pulgaron

Cody Travel Guide: 114 reviews and 310 photos

Cody, the town of western movies

One only needs to cover the asphalt main street in Cody with some dirt, and one could easily think one was in one of the many old west towns seen in Hollywood movies. With only about 9000 permanent residents, the place has an uncanny western authenticity to it no readily found in the eastern states. People are open and friendly. Maybe beacuse they are, at the same time, sure of themselves. The whole place has that nonsence attitude to it. The men are courteous, and the women beutiful, with a certain cuteness to them that does not need make up. I like the place.

• Pros:Small friendly picturesque town.
  • Cons:High altitude, harsh winters.
  • In a nutshell:Friendly town.
  • Last visit to Cody: Aug 2002
  • Intro Updated Oct 13, 2003

Travelogues (1)

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2004 at 9:55 PM

Fried ice cream? How do they make that? I also liked your hot sauce tip. In Hebrew it's called "harif," and the locals can't get enough of it.

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2004 at 4:53 PM

"The men are courteous, and the women beutiful"--I like that part about the women----I am glad you like my hometown and built your pages on it.

• WILDEFLOWER's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2003 at 9:28 PM

This was one of my favorite places to visit. I can't wait to go back there some day! You did a great job on your travel page!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2003 at 6:06 PM

What? No gunfights at dawn??!!

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2002 at 10:38 AM

sharing your point of view....

• annk's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2002 at 6:19 AM

Looks like my kind of place, especially the shopping. My house is decorated modern western. Thanks for the info!

pulgaron

“I learned that every where I go, people understand a smile.”

Badges & Stats in Cody