"San Pedro la Laguna" Top 5 Page for this destination San Pedro La Laguna by Ophelio
San Pedro La Laguna Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 90 photos
Mel and I had no idea where in Guatemala we wanted to go, but heard en route that Panajachel was a great stopping point. From there, we decided to cross the 50 square-mile lake with its surrounding volcanoes and Mayan villages.
This image was the first thing I saw upon crowding in the boat for the chilly 20 minute ride across the crater.
There are several villages surrounding Lake Atitlan. We opted for the laid back "backpacker" village. Fortunately the boat took us directly to the quieter less travel port. At night , when we wanted to salsa or mingle with other tourists, we walked the 10 minutes to the other side. There are at least 6 spanish language schools here, so it might be a nice place to stay a week or two studying.
If you like, you can go on a 5 hour horse ride up to the top of one of the volcanoes for a great view. After my curacao riding adventure in May, I opted out:P
No matter what town on Lake Atitlan you end up visiting, I would recommend renting a kayak. They are the big heavy... more travel advice
Ophelio's Related Pages
San Pedro La Laguna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Pedro's easy living"
- "San Pedro la Laguna"
- "Great place to relax and hang out"
- "A lovely town on Lake Atitlan"
- "SAN PEDRO LA LAGUNA (A NOT SO CLEAN PLACE)"
- "Hippy little town"
- "A laid back corner of the world"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Hotels in San Pedro La Laguna
- Transportation in San Pedro La Laguna
- Nightlife in San Pedro La Laguna
- Restaurants in San Pedro La Laguna
- Shopping in San Pedro La Laguna
- Warnings and Dangers in San Pedro La Laguna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Pedro La Laguna
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to San Pedro La Laguna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Pedro La Laguna
Top 5 Pages
- Palenque Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Curaçao Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Mujeres Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Cristóbal de Las Casas Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Pedro La Laguna Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue