"The Country of Peru." Peru by canuckmike

Peru Travel Guide: 7,775 reviews and 20,671 photos

My girlfriend and I wanted to go travelling when I got back from Bosnia. She wanted to go to Europe but by that point I had already spent more than a year of my life there so I wanted to go to different region of the world. I suggested some places and she somehow came up with South America. South America at that point was not at the top of my travel list but I am willing to go just about anywhere and this would be her first time leaving North America. In South America I was pretty much open to where we went to so we looked for the cheapest ticket there and that was to Lima. So off to Peru we went. Peru is an excellent introduction to South America. There are plenty of different sites for travellers to see. It is usually straightforward in getting stuff done. There are different regions in a close area (desert, mountains and jungle). Costs are qutie reasonable and we felt quite safe most of the time.

• Intro Updated Oct 13, 2004

• Pinat's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2009 at 12:47 AM

I hope to win the lottery by July 9 so I can take off for Peru:) Nice tips!

• hivaoa1's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2008 at 10:39 AM

i hope someday you will write tips about Livorno hehehe :-)

• Mar 17, 2007 at 1:55 PM

They are made in Paraguay. I think the reason they burn quick is because they are contreband, and may be very dry/old when they are bought. I have also had trouble finding them in Bolivia. Only one place has them.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2007 at 10:14 AM

Outstanding summary of Peru's highlights. Like the floating islands, ruins and inka cola.

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2007 at 10:10 AM

Nice page with interesting tips and photos. Greetings.

• Pedroperu's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2006 at 2:36 PM

The national drink, smell it and feel the grapes

• babettu's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2006 at 1:46 PM

Nice pic !!

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2006 at 2:33 AM

Liked you Peru pages. I hope you wrote your Isle of Man pages before you switched to the idea of out of the way and dangerous places! Greetings from the UK :-)

• Jan 4, 2006 at 2:25 PM

Very true. We wondered about so many people checking EVERY bill until we got a 20 sole note that no one wanted. I have a hard time understanding the "profit margin" on making a counterfeit bill worth less than $6 US but apparently it exists..

canuckmike

“na na na na na na na na na na na na BATMAN!”

Badges & Stats in Peru