"Closest I've been to paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Intendenciade San Andrés y Providencia by canuckmike

I always had a fascination with San Andres island. Over my Christmas holidays I decided to take an all inclusive package trip there. Quickly being bored with San Andres I caught a plane to Providencia. The island looked amazing from the plane. Mountainous, green and surrounded my many different colours of blue. Upon arrival I enjoyed the airport noticing that it was open because of the lack of windows and doors. I made my way to the west side of the island and stayed in Aguadulce. It was one of the few times where I felt that I could completely relax.

• Pros:Peaceful, relaxing and beautiful.
  • Cons:Colombia is trying to make it the next big place.
  • In a nutshell:Paradise.
  • Last visit to Intendenciade San Andrés y Providencia: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 7, 2004

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2008 at 2:02 PM

I'm going to visit Isla de San Andres for the New Year and I'm really looking forward to my trip :) Will be staying in San Luis village. Do you think one week would be enough time to visit also Providencia? Thanks for the info :)

• mcaffa's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2007 at 6:20 PM

Great tips! We're seriously considering Providencia for our honeymoon in March. Any good ideas for where to stay? About the airlines - West Caribbean went out of business a couple years ago because both planes crashed. Now only Satena serves the island.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2007 at 11:50 PM

Providencia sounds to be a lovely place. I hope to go there next year.

• XtravelloverX's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2006 at 10:16 PM

Thanks for the transport. tip, I'm very much a nervous flyer and it's a good thing to know in advance about the plane. Happy travels! :^)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2006 at 6:40 PM

Hey 'Julio', you really know how to hit the OTBP stuff!! This island looks like an awesome experience and 'good on you' for having the b*lls to do it!

• Biljana's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2004 at 2:32 PM

A stunning island by the looks of it. Great pictures despite camera issues. :)

• travelinxs's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2004 at 2:38 PM

Very interesting write up. Is it possible to get there by sea or is it too far? Looking for ideas for a visit to Colombia in a few weeks. Cheers.

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2004 at 4:05 AM

What a lovely island you discovered !! Providencia really looks very relaxing.

canuckmike

“na na na na na na na na na na na na BATMAN!”

Badges & Stats in Intendenciade San Andrés y Providencia

Have you been to Intendenciade San Andrés y Providencia?

Latest Activity in Intendenciade San Andrés y Providencia