"Welcome to the World of Mad Max, err Kandahar." Velayat-e Kandahar by canuckmike
Velayat-e Kandahar Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 48 photos
Kandahar province was where I spent the majority of my time in Afghanistan. It is a large province in terms of Afghani provinces. It is located in the south of Afganistan and it's capital city is Kandahar. It is bordered by Helmand province to the west, Oruzgan province to the north, Zabol province to the east and Pakistan to the south. The province is basically mountains in the north and desert in the south. The main group of people are the Pashtos and it is a very conservative region. The time of my visit and writing this, Kandahar is a very dangerous place, very wild west in many ways. Islamic militants, insurgents, bandits make this place home and I believe it is the number 2 province in terms of opium production in Afghanistan. I hope one day that peace will make it to the region and all the people living here but I know that is a long way away.
Shhelgazay is the district centre of Maiwand District, although on some a maps I have seen this place called Maiwand. It... more travel advice
Just about all the locals you see here have something to cover their mouth on them when they travel. That is because... more travel advice
canuckmike's Related Pages
Velayat-e Kandahar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to the World of Mad Max, err Kandahar."
- "my time in Afghanistan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Velayat-e Kandahar
- Hotels in Velayat-e Kandahar
- Transportation in Velayat-e Kandahar
- Restaurants in Velayat-e Kandahar
- Shopping in Velayat-e Kandahar
- Warnings and Dangers in Velayat-e Kandahar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Velayat-e Kandahar
- 14 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Velayat-e Kandahar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Velayat-e Kandahar
Photos in Velayat-e KandaharSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Intro, 85 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iraq Intro, 24 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palau Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos
- Democratic Republic of Congo Intro, 20 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Salvador Intro, 22 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 29 reviews, 29 photos
- Solomon Islands Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Somalia Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Island Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos
- Peleliu Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos