"Canuckmike Finally Makes it to Afghanistan." Top 5 Page for this destination Afghanistan by canuckmike
Afghanistan Travel Guide: 459 reviews and 1,137 photos
Well what can I say about Afghanistan. It's a landlocked country in Asia and it's a little smaller than my home province of Alberta or smaller than the state of Texas. It is mostly mountainous with deserts in the far south. There are 34 provinces which make up Afghanistan. People here like to fight and people also like to come here and fight. Also people like growing opium as it is the world's leading producer of it.
Afghanistan was a place I always wanted to visit since I was a little kid. I don't know why, it was a place that stuck out. Of course back then I had no idea about world politics and that travelling is not as easy as just going to Westren Europe. I eventually learned about all the wars that it has been involved in and I still wanted to go. I planned trips even after the Twin Towers fell and Americans were bombing it. I eventually was able to travel here although it was during some of it's most violent times in recent years. I want to go back when things are a bit more quiet and enjoy it like it should be. One of my travel goals is to visit at least 5 provinces here and hopefully I can do that sooner rather than later.
The Registan is a fair sized desert that stretches across the southern Afghan provinces. It is like most deserts, very... more travel advice
With almost all countries that have had or currently wars within the last century will have a problem with unexploded... more travel advice
canuckmike's Related Pages
Afghanistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Afghanistan, Where I work"
- "A Hopeful Future"
- "Canuckmike Finally Makes it to Afghanistan."
- "Kabul, Jalalabad, Herat, Kunduz,Bamiyan,Mazar"
- "Incredible Afghanistan..."
- "Afghanistan after the Taliban"
- "Many guns and loads of smiles..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Afghanistan
- Hotels in Afghanistan
- Transportation in Afghanistan
- Nightlife in Afghanistan
- Restaurants in Afghanistan
- Shopping in Afghanistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Afghanistan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Afghanistan
- 26 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Afghanistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Afghanistan
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Please don’t move hotel tips..."
- Wrote a Review Registan Desert in Afghanistan Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Registan Desert"
- updated a Afghanistan Travel Page "Canuckmike Finally Makes it to Afghanistan."
- Commented on one of Wakhan's Afghanistan travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Intro, 85 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iraq Intro, 24 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palau Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos
- Democratic Republic of Congo Intro, 20 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Salvador Intro, 22 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 29 reviews, 29 photos
- Solomon Islands Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Somalia Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Island Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos
- Peleliu Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos