"Canuckmike Finally Makes it to Afghanistan." Top 5 Page for this destination Afghanistan by canuckmike

Afghanistan Travel Guide: 459 reviews and 1,136 photos

General

Well what can I say about Afghanistan. It's a landlocked country in Asia and it's a little smaller than my home province of Alberta or smaller than the state of Texas. It is mostly mountainous with deserts in the far south. There are 34 provinces which make up Afghanistan. People here like to fight and people also like to come here and fight. Also people like growing opium as it is the world's leading producer of it.

Afghanistan was a place I always wanted to visit since I was a little kid. I don't know why, it was a place that stuck out. Of course back then I had no idea about world politics and that travelling is not as easy as just going to Westren Europe. I eventually learned about all the wars that it has been involved in and I still wanted to go. I planned trips even after the Twin Towers fell and Americans were bombing it. I eventually was able to travel here although it was during some of it's most violent times in recent years. I want to go back when things are a bit more quiet and enjoy it like it should be. One of my travel goals is to visit at least 5 provinces here and hopefully I can do that sooner rather than later.

• Intro Updated Sep 10, 2006

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2008 at 10:57 AM

You, my friend, are one adventurous dude! Thanks for the great tips and photos. Best from New Jersey, Bill

• hash09's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2008 at 10:58 PM

You were there in Afghanistan? my Bf went there once too, he might be going for iraq sometimes next year.. i hate to hear that actually but what we can do.. its a command. but i like the photo from the 1st page of afghanistan.. its a beautiful enviroment.

• JohnniOmani's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2007 at 1:27 PM

When and where did you travel? Was it through the Military? if not my hat goes off to you :) jz

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2006 at 8:02 AM

Incredible page and tips of Afghanistan. Interesting war rugs. Thanks again for your postcard from there! Cheers, SL

• hivaoa1's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2006 at 1:02 AM

your tips are always very interesting, you have some the most stunning tips on my vt friends' list. great overview mike

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2006 at 11:35 PM

Great to see these different scenes from Afghanistan - it looks like a very bleak and unforgiving place. Also, it was good of you to remind us just how strict the Taliban was in enforcing its version of Islam! Maybe one day Afghanis will find true peace.

canuckmike

“na na na na na na na na na na na na BATMAN!”

Badges & Stats in Afghanistan

Have you been to Afghanistan?

Latest Activity in Afghanistan