"Kano" Kano by canuckmike

Kano Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 32 photos

I spent a couple of days in Kano as I was crossing Nigeria from east to west. I am pretty sure I enjoyed Kano. There is history here (it's West Africa's oldest city dating back more than 1000 years) and there are interesting things to see. It's just that the pollution is horrible. There is garbage all over and the air pollution was almost as bad as in Lima, Peru. The crime and mafia were also a bother. I'm glad I went but I would probaly spend my money on other places in the future.

• Pros:Lot's of history and things to see.
  • Cons:Pollution is horrible and crime is evident.
  • In a nutshell:Typical Nigerian city.
  • Last visit to Kano: Jan 2002
  • Intro Updated Jul 30, 2004

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2011 at 11:51 PM

so frightening

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2008 at 11:03 AM

You crossed Nigeria from east to west? You are fearless -- my hat is off to you! Best from NJ, Bill

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2006 at 6:20 AM

Interesting insights into another one of your OTBP vacation sites!! Just returned from Belize where I saw some logwood trees used for making indigo. I hope that all is well with you & wish you a happy birthday!

• maykal's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2006 at 4:28 PM

My classmate is from Kano, and she's trying to persuade me to visit in september...looks like an interesting place, and one that not many on VT have been to :)

• drolkar's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2005 at 5:30 AM

Hello Mike, I'd be interested to hear more about your impressions of Kano... We're headed there at the end of this month to start work on a documentary. Any must-see sights (landscapes etc.) or other advice...? Cheers ! - Catherine

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2004 at 1:49 PM

Thank you for showing Kano. It's a pity, I saw only the airport.

canuckmike

“na na na na na na na na na na na na BATMAN!”

Badges & Stats in Kano