"Kano" Kano by canuckmike
Kano Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 32 photos
I spent a couple of days in Kano as I was crossing Nigeria from east to west. I am pretty sure I enjoyed Kano. There is history here (it's West Africa's oldest city dating back more than 1000 years) and there are interesting things to see. It's just that the pollution is horrible. There is garbage all over and the air pollution was almost as bad as in Lima, Peru. The crime and mafia were also a bother. I'm glad I went but I would probaly spend my money on other places in the future.
- Pros:Lot's of history and things to see.
- Cons:Pollution is horrible and crime is evident.
- In a nutshell:Typical Nigerian city.
Not the greatest looking mosque but a very important one that gathers up to 50,000 people for prayers. Right in the same... more travel advice
Although there is not much left of these walls they are still worth checking out if you are in the city. I don't know... more travel advice
canuckmike's Related Pages
Kano Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kano
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Kano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kano
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Intro, 77 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iraq Intro, 24 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palau Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Salvador Intro, 22 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 29 reviews, 29 photos
- Somalia Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Island Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos
- Peleliu Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos
- Peru Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos