"France's Beautiful Little Secret" Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion by canuckmike
Reunion Travel Guide: 140 reviews and 286 photos
France has the right idea to try to keep this island to itself. It is just so amazingly green and mountainous. There are photo oppurtunities almost everywhere you go. It is really like God himself took an emerald and placed it in the sea. The Reunion culture is a wonderful mix of French, African, Indian, Chinese with a tropical twist.
Reunion is an overseas department (colony basically) of France. Reunion forms the Mascarenes islands along with Mauritius and Rodrigues. It has an area of about 2510 sq km. Reunion is an extremely mountainous island for it's size with it's highest point of 3069m belonging to Piton des Neiges. Since it is a French possesion it's official language is French and it's currency is the Euro.
- Pros:Amazing scenery and hiking potential.
- Cons:Really expensive compared to the other islands in the region.
- In a nutshell:Well worth it if you have the money to spend.
In St. Denis is the Monument aux Morts which is a monument honoring it's world wars' dead. more travel advice
Although the main religion in Reunion is Catholicism, there is a strong indian presence. Keep an eye open for their... more travel advice
canuckmike's Related Pages
Reunion Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the Middle of the Indian Ocean"
- "France's Beautiful Little Secret"
- "Reunion Island - France's Paradise"
- "Famous Isle Bourbon"
- "ILE INTENSE is Reunion Island"
- "L'ile de la Reunion, L'ile Bourbon, MY HOME =)"
- "La Dodo lé la!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reunion
- Hotels in Reunion
- Transportation in Reunion
- Nightlife in Reunion
- Restaurants in Reunion
- Shopping in Reunion
- Warnings and Dangers in Reunion
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Reunion
- 19 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Reunion?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reunion
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Intro, 77 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iraq Intro, 24 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palau Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Salvador Intro, 22 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 29 reviews, 29 photos
- Somalia Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Island Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos
- Peleliu Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos
- Peru Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos