"France's Beautiful Little Secret" Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion by canuckmike

Reunion Travel Guide: 140 reviews and 287 photos

France has the right idea to try to keep this island to itself. It is just so amazingly green and mountainous. There are photo oppurtunities almost everywhere you go. It is really like God himself took an emerald and placed it in the sea. The Reunion culture is a wonderful mix of French, African, Indian, Chinese with a tropical twist.

Reunion is an overseas department (colony basically) of France. Reunion forms the Mascarenes islands along with Mauritius and Rodrigues. It has an area of about 2510 sq km. Reunion is an extremely mountainous island for it's size with it's highest point of 3069m belonging to Piton des Neiges. Since it is a French possesion it's official language is French and it's currency is the Euro.

• Pros:Amazing scenery and hiking potential.
  • Cons:Really expensive compared to the other islands in the region.
  • In a nutshell:Well worth it if you have the money to spend.
  • Last visit to Reunion: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 11, 2004

• hivaoa1's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2008 at 2:30 AM

ciao Mike, I decided maybe I'll do some changes in my apartment like u suggested so i can keep myself busy while I'm bored hehehe

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2007 at 5:33 PM

Nice page! Reunion is a possible destination for this year!

• sunnygirl72's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2006 at 2:35 PM

Love your pages mike...they take me to places I will never get to go to....Thanks...Julie x

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2006 at 12:37 PM

A place I've wondered about and you have shown me lots, thanks. Fancy the lava splitting around that church!! And I was amazed to discover people were there in 1668!! thanks, nice page.

• xuessium's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2006 at 7:32 AM

Thanks dude, for the virtual tour. Always wanted to know what Reunion is like. Cheers!

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2005 at 4:32 AM

this is just what I needed. Thanx for sharing man. GRTZ

• ExGuyParis's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2005 at 3:59 AM

Looks like another wonderful spot... but dodging tear gas is probably not the greatest memory to have of a place!

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2005 at 3:01 PM

Great page!.Reunion looks like a beautiful place to see,I liked specially your opening picture.Greetings from Spain!!!

• Caro315's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2004 at 5:30 PM

Wow! You described Reunion in a very wonderful way! I'm glad you enjoyed it =) And you're from Edmonton? Crazy! I don't know that many people from Canada who actually KNOW about Reunion Island.

• MrBill's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2004 at 7:52 AM

I will be there in OCT/NOV for 10-days of Trekking followed by some days by the ocean. Thanks for your pages and tips so that I know a little of what to expect. Cheers. Bill.

canuckmike

“na na na na na na na na na na na na BATMAN!”

Badges & Stats in Reunion

Have you been to Reunion?

Latest Activity in Reunion