Mérida Things to Do Tips by ezaguryk Top 5 Page for this destination
Mérida Things to Do: 48 reviews and 104 photos
One of the attraction is to take a photo all dress up as the time of the Benemérito Vicente Gomez (a very good know dictator from Venezuela) beginning of the 20 century
They have a great variety of dress from that time, you can were on top.
The picture is in back and white, with a camera from that times (very antique).Also the boys can dress as the Benemérito
Venezuela de antier
IT is place were you can go and learn about the history and tradicion of diferent cities of Venezuela
There are a lot of activities to do, you can expend a day, with a lot of fun!!!!
You will find: a very small zoo were you can admires species of Venezuelan, The Diablos de Yare (devils of Yare) with the typical drums dancing (there is a show), typical Music and food from Caracas (Boleros), How the Papelon is made (typical drink), local activities like palo encebado (the wood), Baile del carite–margarita (the dance of carite) Pelea de gayos (fight of roosters) were you can be part of it and much more………….
Nice place to contemplated the mother nature.
Some time you will find the lagoon all cover by the fog and you may not able to see it even from a short distance. after a while the fog will be gone.
From these lagoon you can take a horse ride or walk to other lagoons like laguna negra (black lagoon), Laguna Victoria (Victory Lagoon). I recommend do it in horse it is 45 min ride
Address: Paramo Santo Domingo
Frailejón is a flower that you only find it in Mérida, does not grow in not other part of Venezuela.Is the typical flower of the Andean region.
Driving around the Paramos you will notice that it is all around the mountain, also in the Mucubaji lagoon you will find it anywhere.
The Trucha is a Fish very popular in merida, here you will see a lot of them and how the cultivate them and make it gorw.
Also you wil find litter restaurant all made with trucha, inclusive a hot dog of trucha!!!!!!!
Merida - Iglesia de Piedras
Chapel of stone to the border of the highway in San Rafael de Mucuchies it is incredible is made from only stones, I was made of our artist Juan Felix Sanchez (National Prize of Art
Address: Mucuchies via merida
After 1 hour of a ride in a hourse, waching the espectacular view of the montains (paramo) you will arive to the Laguna Negra were the soungs of peace take the best of you.
More Reviews (7)
ezaguryk's Related Pages
Mérida Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santiago de Los Caballeros de Mérida"
- "Merida: Contrast of Relaxation and Extreme Sports"
- "Merida -2002"
- "Venezuela's University Town in the Andes"
- "merida and environs"
- "El Techo de Venezuela"
- "La ciudad de los caballeros"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mérida
- Hotels in Mérida
- Transportation in Mérida
- Nightlife in Mérida
- Restaurants in Mérida
- Shopping in Mérida
- Warnings and Dangers in Mérida
- See All...
Explore the World
- Cuyamel Hotels
- Saint-Julien-Beychevelle Hotels
- Sitka Hotels
- Sierra de Ancares Hotels
Badges & Stats in Mérida
- 14 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Mérida?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mérida
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Choroní Intro, 40 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Natales Intro, 33 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mochima Intro, 22 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santiago Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venezuela Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 6 reviews, 48 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caracas Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Moritz Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Margarita Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos
- Puerto La Cruz Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue