Tokyo Transportation Tips by manuelEB
Tokyo Transportation: 376 reviews and 498 photos
Here is our designated driver. He has a microphone and I was waiting for him to start singing without notice. Nope. He took us safely to our destination without uttering anything beyond: thanks for using our line and we hope you had a pleasant trip. You are welcome and the trip was not that bad.
These are cherry trees. When they are in full bloom they are one of the most beautiful scenes in Tokyo. Seeing them when you cruise along the river is a must do activity.
Yakatabune are always available, but Tokyoites really cheerish the trip during New Year celebrations, cherry blossom viewing, hanabi (fireworks) in summer, and bonenkai (year-end parties).
Sometimes you feel like you could move faster if you take the roads below the highway. They always look greeener and clearer than the highway that was built to ease the traffic in the capital.
The signal indicates the way to Hakozaki. You are bound for Tsukuba, remember, but you may be asking yourself what is this Hakozaki.
Hakozaki is located at the crossing point of the Metropolitan Expressway #9 and #6. The so called "gate to abroad" or Tokyo City Air Terminal in Hakozaki functions as a key transportation point. The origin of the name Hakozaki was taken after the name of Hakozaki Shrine. This area used to be an island surrounded by the Sumida, Nihombashi, and Hakozaki Rivers until 1970.
Till the Joban Shinsen (The New Joban Line) gets ready,
no better choice togo to Tsukuba than the JR Highway Bus: A 60 minutes ride for 1250 yen.
Phone: Contact: 2 pills before meals
If you come early, consult an urology specialist. If you can sit at the front seats you will have more leg space and a nice view of Tokyo' streets, and then of Tokyo's highway. Remember that the trip will last for a while, most of the delays will be caused by traffic in the highway that takes you across Tokyo.
This is the bus that is taking you to Tsukuba. A bus leaves every 15 min from Yaesu-Minami of Tokyo JR station to Tsukuba Bus Center. It takes 65 to 90 min. depending on the traffic. No reservation required.
"Tsukuba bus center" is what it is written on the small window to your right.
Do not get scared by the signs in Japanese, do not get scared by the Japanese signs. There are two routes for the buses connecting Tokyo and Tsukuba. One lines goes to the Tsukuba bus center; the other one does not. You are going to the Tsukuba Bus Center.
More Reviews (20)
manuelEB's Related Pages
Tokyo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "T o k y o"
- "Tragedy in Japan"
- "Tokyo - I love this place ! Old, New, & Happening"
- "Tokyo East Tokyo West"
- "Tune In Tokyo!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tokyo
- Hotels in Tokyo
- Transportation in Tokyo
- Nightlife in Tokyo
- Restaurants in Tokyo
- Shopping in Tokyo
- Warnings and Dangers in Tokyo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tokyo
- 29 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 22 Forum posts
- 67 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Tokyo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tokyo
- updated a Tokyo Travel Page "東京砂漠 Tokyo: A desert"
- Commented on one of discobunny's Tokyo travel pages
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "SOS Pakistan"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A gate to modernity???"
- Wrote a Review A gate to modernity??? about Imperial Palace(Kokyo Gaien National Garden) in Tokyo Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tsukuba Intro, 133 reviews, 169 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 77 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Iwaki Intro, 64 reviews, 65 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 29 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos
- Japan Intro, 37 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State College Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bratislava Intro, 29 reviews, 30 photos
- Brugge Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ibaraki-ken Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Harajuku And Omote Sando- 62 Reviews, 111 Photos
- Odaiba- 58 Reviews, 95 Photos
- Ginza- 52 Reviews, 81 Photos
- Mt. Fuji - Day Trip- 23 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Asakusa- 82 Reviews, 160 Photos
- Ueno Park and Zoo- 76 Reviews, 141 Photos
- Kamakura - Day Trip- 24 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Shinjuku- 54 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Akihabara- 45 Reviews, 85 Photos
- Tsukiji Market- 50 Reviews, 69 Photos
See All Tokyo Things to Do