"Utsukushiku Ushiku (Dedicated to my VTFriend G_G)" Ushiku by manuelEB

Ushiku Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 163 photos

Chateau Kamiya

Chateau Kamiya is a real wine distillery, the first built in Japan, in the year 36 of the Meiji Era(1903) in Ushiku. The owner, though, started "wine" production earlier, in 1881.
The lady here portraited was the first "campaing girl". She is not a Geisha; as it is not Geisha every woman wearing a colorful kimono. There is a misconception of the Geisha's art in West. Recently, I have read in a forum:
"...must women be like the Geisha, catering to a man's every whim to keep him happy?? Or is this just an illusion and he soon becomes bored with her too pliant ways?? Of course, the Geisha was very accomplished in many creative endeavours...but did she feel complete and an individual unto herself by placing her needs second to those of the men??"

The series of questions above address not to Geisha, but to Japanese women in general. Honesty and devotion were important features of these women till recently. Times change and the Spirit of "Geisha" can not be easiy found in the modern Japanese women. Nevertheless, I have found in VT a real "Geisha" which keeps alive the features that makes of Japanese girls, exotic girls in the imaginery that West has built.
This geisha_girl is my friend. A true gift.

• Last visit to Ushiku: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Sep 12, 2003

• andal13's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2003 at 5:25 AM

"Words don't come easy to me / How can I find a way / to make you see, I love you / Words don't come easy..." F.R.David (5mentarios!)

• Efrika's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2003 at 4:34 AM

something is missing on these dedicated pages.. ! maybe words ? :))

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2003 at 8:52 PM

Words can't express the meaning of friendship & honor here. Reflections thru the Koi pond are symbolic like the koi fish: perserverance in adversity & strength of purpose. Your Oiran is humbled by this gift M. It's read w/ tears of gratitude. Every visit.

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2003 at 6:58 PM

Lovely photos, Manuel!

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2003 at 9:22 PM

The Geisha spirits lives on this page...

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2003 at 5:14 AM

Beautiful Ushiku, surely an off the beaten path in Japan.

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2003 at 10:16 PM

"Hola" and "arigato" for visiting my new Nara page. Actually I've been meaning to come here since I saw you "uto uto ***e" on Geisha_Grapes home page. (She changed the photo soon afterwards!) I like this tribute idea and G_G is most deserving.

• May 23, 2003 at 12:52 AM

In behalf of Kuya M, only one is Geisha;-)lol..

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2003 at 10:29 PM

Life is hard. ? ! That's a unique way of putting it... it's even harder when pages I visited are dedicated to other ladies ;-) Where's mine? lol...

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2003 at 3:19 PM

When I want good Chi, this is where I come! Thanks m!

manuelEB

“Once again I feel beneath my heels the ribs of Rocinante”

Badges & Stats in Ushiku