"Utsukushiku Ushiku (Dedicated to my VTFriend G_G)" Ushiku by manuelEB
Ushiku Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 163 photos
Chateau Kamiya is a real wine distillery, the first built in Japan, in the year 36 of the Meiji Era(1903) in Ushiku. The owner, though, started "wine" production earlier, in 1881.
The lady here portraited was the first "campaing girl". She is not a Geisha; as it is not Geisha every woman wearing a colorful kimono. There is a misconception of the Geisha's art in West. Recently, I have read in a forum:
"...must women be like the Geisha, catering to a man's every whim to keep him happy?? Or is this just an illusion and he soon becomes bored with her too pliant ways?? Of course, the Geisha was very accomplished in many creative endeavours...but did she feel complete and an individual unto herself by placing her needs second to those of the men??"
The series of questions above address not to Geisha, but to Japanese women in general. Honesty and devotion were important features of these women till recently. Times change and the Spirit of "Geisha" can not be easiy found in the modern Japanese women. Nevertheless, I have found in VT a real "Geisha" which keeps alive the features that makes of Japanese girls, exotic girls in the imaginery that West has built. This geisha_girl is my friend. A true gift.
I am asked or almost on daily basis about how is like to live in Japan? "Two extremes!" I 've been told, regarding my... more travel advice
manuelEB's Related Pages
Ushiku Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Tallest Buddha in the world!"
- "Utsukushiku Ushiku (Dedicated to my VTFriend G_G)"
- "Neighboring City On Tsukuba"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ushiku
- Transportation in Ushiku
- Warnings and Dangers in Ushiku
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ushiku
- 15 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Ushiku?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ushiku
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tsukuba Intro, 133 reviews, 169 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 77 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Iwaki Intro, 64 reviews, 65 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 29 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos
- Japan Intro, 37 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State College Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bratislava Intro, 29 reviews, 30 photos
- Brugge Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ibaraki-ken Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos