"The City of King Midas" Yazilikaya by manuelEB
Yazilikaya Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
Have you ever heard about the Phrygians? I am sure that you have. One of its more conspicuous kings Midas plays an important role in a legend: "Everything he touches will transform into golden shining solid gold (Au)".
Well, the place I am going to introduce here is called the city of King Midas and his tomb is here!!!
That was the good news.
Bad news is that the Phrygians had more than a King Midas and the scholars still have not found the "Who's Who among the Phrygians". But let me tell you, the Midas of the famous legend is not the one with a tomb in this regionr...I am posiive. The only gold I saw in this spot was held in the maxillary central incisor of the wife of our guide: golden crowns.
PS: There is legend about a Venezuelan president that was called the Anti-Midas: "Everything he touches will transform into sh it". His name?
manuelEB's Related Pages
Yazilikaya Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Yazilikaya
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Yazilikaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yazilikaya
Photos in YazilikayaSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tsukuba Intro, 133 reviews, 169 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 77 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Iwaki Intro, 64 reviews, 65 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 29 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos
- Japan Intro, 37 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State College Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bratislava Intro, 29 reviews, 30 photos
- Brugge Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ibaraki-ken Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos