"The City of King Midas" Yazilikaya by manuelEB

Yazilikaya Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos

Off the Beaten Path?!!! Why?

Have you ever heard about the Phrygians? I am sure that you have. One of its more conspicuous kings Midas plays an important role in a legend: "Everything he touches will transform into golden shining solid gold (Au)".
Well, the place I am going to introduce here is called the city of King Midas and his tomb is here!!!
That was the good news.
Bad news is that the Phrygians had more than a King Midas and the scholars still have not found the "Who's Who among the Phrygians". But let me tell you, the Midas of the famous legend is not the one with a tomb in this regionr...I am posiive. The only gold I saw in this spot was held in the maxillary central incisor of the wife of our guide: golden crowns.

PS: There is legend about a Venezuelan president that was called the Anti-Midas: "Everything he touches will transform into sh it". His name?

• Last visit to Yazilikaya: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 7, 2003

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2003 at 11:44 PM

There was a king with magic hands. There was a crown & a touch of gold. The crown was up in the game of chance. We are the stars & we like the fame. You know the rules & you know the game. The winner takes all. King Midas the way you spin me round......

manuelEB

“Once again I feel beneath my heels the ribs of Rocinante”

Badges & Stats in Yazilikaya

Have you been to Yazilikaya?

Latest Activity in Yazilikaya