"Welcome to Ventspils!" Ventspils by inchick
Ventspils Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 153 photos
Ventspils is a very small point on the map, but it's amazing place for having fun and a good rest. Enjoy!!!
Ventspils, located in the north-west of Latvia some 189 kilometres from Riga, is an up-to-date, modern European city with a wide range of available entertainment and tourist sights.
This city is at mouth of the Venta River that flows into the Baltic Sea.
The first news of Ventspils can be found in a document (1263) in which it is confirmed in writing that the ports of the Kurs shall be divided between the Livonian Order and the Bishop of Kurzeme. In this document, Ventspils is mentioned as the port of Windau.
The Jaunmokas palace is located about 5 km westwards from the town of Tukums at the highway Riga - Ventspils. more travel advice
Written Aug 15, 2003
Exhibition of cows
Written May 2, 2003
Old fishing village Staldzene
inchick's Related Pages
Ventspils Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Ventspils!"
- "wanderlust23's Ventspils Page"
- "Baltic Hitch-Hickers Meeteing in Ventspils"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ventspils
- Hotels in Ventspils
- Transportation in Ventspils
- Restaurants in Ventspils
- Warnings and Dangers in Ventspils
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ventspils
- 8 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ventspils?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ventspils
Top 5 Pages
- Latvia Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riga Region Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ventspils Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bauska Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Panama City Beach Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues