"West Lafayette, Indiana" Top 5 Page for this destination West Lafayette by sticki

West Lafayette Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 154 photos

"On the banks of the Wabash..."

I went to school at Purdue University. Which is, I'd imagine, the only reason that any young person would move to West Lafayette. If you're visiting, it's either to check out Purdue, or to go to a Purdue Game, or to go to Grand Prix at Purdue, or to go to the Purdue Bug Bowl...you get the point. West Lafayette is Purdue. Lafayette, on the other side of the Wabash, is a little bigger and has more stuff, but four years in that town was enough for me. The city all but empties over the summer, but turns back into a writhing, rioting college town once the fall semester starts up again.

• Last visit to West Lafayette: Aug 2002
  • Intro Updated Dec 18, 2002

• rdney99's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Nice pages on Indiana cities, I think the state is underrated, there's a lot more to see than people think and every Hoosier I've met has been friendly. Southern Indiana is beautiful!- Tony from WI.

• Toughluck's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2006 at 1:58 PM

Fort Ouiatanon is a French spelling of an native word meaning place of the Ouia or Wea (English spelling) people. It's just like Oui or Yes in French

• balfor's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2002 at 6:23 PM

I should go back next time I'm visiting family in Indy. I lived in LaFayette (AND W. Lafayette when I was in 2nd and 3rd grade.) Too young to remember 75 cent Gin and Tonics!

Badges & Stats in West Lafayette

Have you been to West Lafayette?

Latest Activity in West Lafayette